11 Replies Latest reply: Sep 10, 2015 9:42 AM by muppetwrangler RSS

Room Availibility

bobevans Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am hoping under the 'Spirit to Serve' ethos, someone from Marriott Rewards will pick this up and give me a clear answer! I tried to book a Saturday night at the Birmingham Marriott in the UK for late September but there was no availability. However when I then tried both the Friday and Saturday nights then there was availability. I also noticed that the room rate was more than double the normal rate for this hotel. I suspect this is due to a nearby event in the Birmingham Arena. Whilst I fully understand Marriott taking the opportunity to charge higher prices based on demand, I am angry that forcing a double room rate and a 2 night stay instead of 1 is verging on profiteering and is on par with what we have all seen in the banking industry in the last few years (and we all know what happened there). Being a Lifetime Platinum, having been loyal to the brand for 20+ years I find this appalling to say the least. So Marriott cough up and lets see what you have to say about this!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Birmingham, United Kingdom
marriott
Birmingham Marriott
  • Re: Room Availibility
    702rugbyref Platinum

Seems to be another way to increase profits.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Platinum 28 Reviews

bobevans

With Platinum status did you attempt to invoke the 48 hour rule - requesting a reservation that must be provided if 48 hrs in advance.  If rez is not provided there is a cash penalty to the Platinum member?????

bobevans Platinum

Of course misterchk - forgot all about that - thanks for the reminder - will pursue that course

Platinum 28 Reviews

bobevans

sent private message test

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi bobevans, and welcome to the Insiders forum.

Thank you for taking the time to post your question. We would be happy to check with our team on this. Could you please send me a message with your Rewards number and contact information so we can provide that to them?

The Insiders forum is more than asking and answering questions. From travel tips and recommendations to photography, the sharing of news and industry updates, this place is a good resource for everyone. The community here is helpful, travel savvy, and always willing to provide support to their fellow travelers.

If you have more questions about the forum, site, Rewards, etc., please don't hesitate to reach out to me,carat, or lindseyh. We make up the moderation team and we're here to help.

Again, welcome to the Insiders family. We look forward to seeing more of you around here!

bobevans Platinum

Hi seem to be having trouble with sending emails directly through the site. Can you please email me on (hidden from public) and I will let you have the info

KatieC Member

I sent you a private message, bobevans. Please let me know when you get it.

bobevans Platinum

Hi all,

so just to let you know. I finally got through to someone at the hotel and they confirmed that for that weekend only bookings for 2 nights were being accepted. However when I threw in the Lifetime Platinum card they then relented as and said I could have 1 night but not on points and at £250 - way way over the normal rate. So as this constitutes an offer of a room the $100 rule does not apply. I will not be accepting the offer thank you - I spend enough money with Marriott through the course of a year and tens of thousands getting to Lifetime status. Not being ripped off and paying over the odds just because there is an event in town.

LuckyCharm$ Gold

I have a trip to Galveston in February and the same thing happened to me. I was looking to book a one night stay Saturday to Sunday but it comes up not available but when I put Friday to Sunday it's available. I can't say the prices are higher than usual but we are forced to stay an additional night as the hotel is closest to the cruise port. Good luck with getting an answer. I will be following the feed to hear what they have to say.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

i was looking to book a night in mesa az in october on a friday and it comes up 700 per night so that won't work and will wait a month for it to get to normal

Platinum 28 Reviews

Did the 700 include free breakfast?

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

Your comment gave me a great chuckle!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...