11 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2016 11:07 PM by peymanagement RSS

Help! I love Orlando but my new fiancee is not excited about going

travelprincess Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I love Orlando but my new fiancee has never been and is not excited about going to the parks. He is an avid golfer and so I am looking to stay at a Marriott property that has great golf. With so many to choose from does anyone have a recommendation for me?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Help! I love Orlando but my new fiancee is not excited about going
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Great question for the community, travelprincess!!

Can't wait to hear what the Insiders have to say. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

travelprincess Platinum 1 Reviews

We just got back for The Marriott Grand Vista in Orlando. We really enjoyed the property. It has only a 9 hole executive course and it was perfect for playing in the morning, having a great lunch and then heading out to the park for the afternoon.

I would definitely stay there again.

mtl_traveller Platinum

The JW Marriott and the Ritz Carlton Grande Lakes are great properties, and you will have access to both resorts' facilities as they are literally joined (there's even a covered walkway between the JW and the Ritz). We've just stayed at the JW for 2 nights and although did not play golf there, the golf course looked great. The lazy river at the JW was great too. So you will have access to several restaurants, the spa at the Ritz, both pools, it's like 2 luxury resorts in one We loved it.

There's also a timeshare next to these resorts, the Lakeshore Reserve, and you have access to their pool too. We've stayed there last January, taking advantage of great off-season rental rates, lovely resort.

Totally recommend either of these, you can't go wrong.

At the JW and the Ritz you will pay a resort fee, but not at the Lakeshore Reserve. As Gold level, our parking fees were waived at the JW.

For the theme parks, it took us 20 minutes to drive to Disney, Sea World is closer. The JW and Ritz offer a shuttle to the Disney transportation center, I think it runs every hour (it's covered by the resort fee), didn't take it though.

have a great time whichever you choose!

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

The Disney courses are all nice. Magnolia, Lake Buena Vista, and the Palm are all great layouts. I played college conference championships at all three, if he loves golf, he will like them.

702rugbyref Platinum

The JW Marriott (Grand lake) has a nice course and is the only one I have been to.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

The Grande Vista (MVC) is a really nice resort which offers golf and spa on site. It's also a very short drive to Universal, Sea World, and Disney.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/mcogv-marriotts-grande-vista/

carbo Member

Great spot to play golf with lots of great courses around. As indicated try Grande Lakes. Very nice course home of the PNC Father son challenge in Dec. Try Hawks Landing another tough challenge. Also go south a bit to Celebration and try the very nice Autograph Collection Bohemian Hotel where you'll find Celebration golf and nearby Falcon's Fire.

Stay right downtown at a recently acquired Autograph Collection- the Castle and drive a little west and you can try Orange County National golf -another 2 very nice courses- Crooked Cat and Panther Lake. For something really different in Florida try the hilly! yes hilly!  Bella Collina again just west of Orlando. And if you really want to try something very unique... find your way south east to Streamsong Resort- Not a Marriott but it's a very different experience! Exceptional spot!!!

Very sad that Marriott sold/closed Grande Pines because it was as well a nice course! These should make and keep him very happy!!

randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

I can understand the lack of interest in the parks.  However, there are other things to see in Orlando (peruse TripAdvisor.com).  Harry P. Lau Gardens are great, House of Blues has some great entertainment.

peymanagement Platinum

I stay at Marriott world centre. Hawks Landing is a great course, and usually not busy. They will also shuttle you over to Falcon's fire another good Marriott course. it is also a short drive cab to the Disney courses. I book the golf package each year and never leave the resort.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...