6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 31, 2015 8:37 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Paris hotels in July 2016

mtl_traveller Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I was waiting for the July 2016 rates to appear to book our hotel in Paris, we have tickets to the Euro 2016 soccer championship, and when the calendar finally showed Jul available, the 3 nights I wanted were not available! How frustrating! All month available to book except July 8-9-10. And this is the case for all Paris hotels except the new one Ambassador Opera. So I booked it, but I really wanted the Renaissance Arc, we went there several times and love it.

Why would Marriott black out these 3 nights even for their best customers (I'm Gold, on my way to Plat) for all their hotels except one? Selling in advance to groups/agencies? Not nice!

and this is also the case for the Nice/Monaco hotels, nothing can be booked around match dates.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
France
Paris, France Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel
  • Re: Paris hotels in July 2016
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

mtl_traveller,

mtl_traveller wrote:

I was waiting for the July 2016 rates to appear to book our hotel in Paris, we have tickets to the Euro 2016 soccer championship, and when the calendar finally showed Jul available, the 3 nights I wanted were not available! How frustrating! All month available to book except July 8-9-10. And this is the case for all Paris hotels except the new one Ambassador Opera. So I booked it, but I really wanted the Renaissance Arc, we went there several times and love it.

Why would Marriott black out these 3 nights even for their best customers (I'm Gold, on my way to Plat) for all their hotels except one? Selling in advance to groups/agencies? Not nice!

and this is also the case for the Nice/Monaco hotels, nothing can be booked around match dates.

That sure sounds frustrating!

Do yourself a favor and contact my friend, Remi, or Cedric, the Concierge at Ren. Arc, and see if he can help you!IMG_3958.JPG

He can be reached at:

langletcedric@free.fr

or,

www.renaissancearcdetriomphe.com

The guys are the best, and I just hope they can help you!

PS.  Sorry about the picture, I could not get it right?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
    Paris, France Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel
    joshm Member

Such an awesome and helpful response, jerrycoin! Gosh, this is what the Insiders community is all about.

People helping' people, it's powerful stuff.

Regarding your post, mtl_traveller, it sounds like you were viewing this information online? I wonder what contacting the property directly would do. Let me know if you would like that information. I'd be happy to retrieve it for you!

joshm,

Thanks for the comment!

I do always enjoy "Checking in Early", on European trips.  That means I always contact Concierges early.  Now if you want to "Spoil" yourself, let them arrange transportation from the airport to the hotel.  They can arrange to have you greeted as soon as you deplane, take you thru customs, get your luggage, and have a car waiting.  It's expensive, but after long flights it is relaxing.

IMG_3934.JPG

Nothing like a 747 to Paris.  The best flight I have ever had!

IMG_3935.JPG

Bulkhead, 1st Class, and a huge closet right in front of you to put your carry on's!

IMG_3940.JPG

A Classy "Greeter" to welcome you, get you in and out of CDG!

IMG_3942.JPG

A nice car to "Whisk" you to the hotel!  This is the way to go, for "Special Occasions"!

Hope this is of some help!

mtl_traveller Platinum

jerrycoin and joshm, thank you both for your responses.

jerrycoin, I have sent an email to your contact, waiting for him to respond.

joshm, I had called the central reservations who were of very limited help, just asked me if I wanted to be put on the waiting list - first time I hear about such thing. I then asked to be transferred to the hotel, spoke to a front desk agent (I speak French, being from Montreal) but they offered very helpfully to transfer me back to reservations!

It's all just surprising and frustrating, to see all hotels blacked out on those nights except one (the Ambassador) But, at least I got that one and was able to use points which is great, otherwise those nights were advertised at 690 euros each. The Euro 2016 final game is a huge happening, so if there are others on this forum who want to book those nights, be warned!

mtl_traveller,

Good luck!

Let us know how things turn out.  It's very good that you are getting started early.  You can never be too early when trying to book a trip like yours.

I would also like to suggest you have a plan "B", and that would be Ren. La Defense!

mtl_traveller Platinum

Ren La Defense not showing available yet.

The Marriott Opera Ambassador has been converted from Radisson Blu 2 years ago, and reading FT still not up to Marriott standards. Two recent reviews on TA mentioned rats in the CL, so I'm not comfortable with this booking and still trying to do better

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...