7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2015 2:15 PM by justincfreem RSS

Lifetime Elite Status Question

usctrojan95 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

In order to achieve Lifetime Elite status, must both sets of criteria be met: # of qualified nights AND # of rewards points? Or just one of the two?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Lifetime Elite Status Question
    702rugbyref Platinum

Must achieve both at each tier.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

txman Gold

You are correct!!

bert868 Platinum 3 Reviews

Must have both.  I know because I asked that question.  I finally got the gold lifetime. 

justincfreem Platinum

I am guessing having the credit card will help with reaching the points total much quicker.    Nights don't seem to be the issue,  but when staying at a $125 a night property it will take a while to accumulate.   Do the bonus points from the credit card and mega bonus count towards the total points level? 

nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

Hi justincfreem - Yes. Points, regardless of however earned, count toward your lifetime point total. If you are using the Marriott black premier Visa card, your 50% bonus points count. Another way to add to your points is to put everything you purchase at the hotel on your room bill, even if it's a $3.00 snack at the snack shop/gift shop on the way out in the morning. Remember, every dollar on your room bill is subject to bonus points based on your elite level. As Platinum, you earn the highest percentage of bonus points. Hope this helps, and that you have fun accumulating those points!

justincfreem Platinum

Yes I do have that card and make a point to charge everything to the room to take full advantage,  even pick up the co-workers snacks when I can in lieu of them paying cash.    Any and every little thing helps rack them up. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...