4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 8, 2012 9:04 AM by jdbiz RSS

Premier Visa Annual Night Stay

matthewash Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I was rewarded my annual stay last month, it shows up on my profile on Marriott.com.  However, we did not receive a coupon in the mail.  In the past it seems like we got a coupon with info to make reservation.  Should we get something in the mail for our free night?   If yes, is there some way to get a replacement?

• Re: Premier Visa Annual Night Stay
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

The Visa cerificate is now electronic and not paper and it is available for six months from the time it is deposited in your account.

You should call Marriott Reservations 800 number and ask to use the certificate for a forthcoming stay,  That's what I did and it worked fine.You cannot make a reservation online for use of the certificate,

One word of warning: In October when I used it my folio had a small amount charged, (40 dollars per night) but then it was subtracted at checkout -- my total outlay for the stay was zero.  It is an accounting procedure apparently and the folks at the hotel need to place an amount in the folio for which they are reimbursed by either Visa or Marriott corporate.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

retired Platinum

When booking a stay on line with points they will give you a chance to attach your "annual night stay coupon" on step 4 of 6 of the process.  

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

Stepping Stones

Interesting point about 'accounting procedures'. 

I store upcoming reservations on my Blackberry. When redeeming points or a certificate, some properties using older systems will confirm the reservation with a rate of $11 or $14.  Similarly, when using points, properties rarely if ever slide an Express Check-out unless there is an unpaid balance.  But, I always request a check-out statement for a paper trail and whatever amount shows up in the reservation appears on the statement too. As you point out, there is no cash outlay. 

It's a missed opportunity.  Marriott might consider a message on an Express check-out when guests use points such as, "Thank you for your loyalty and redeeming Marriott Rewards. We hope you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return." 

Just a thought.

jdbiz Silver

The free one-night stay does not always apply at certain hotels on given nights.  I booked a room through a Fairfield Inn and the hotel refused to honor the reward on the dates I was staying there.  So, it is not an "automatic" reward in all instances.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...