6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2015 4:57 PM by Jsucool76 RSS

Will have the nights, but not the points for Lifetime Gold

eyesee Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have been a Marriott Rewards member for decades.  Thanks to business travel the last few years and the Marriott credit cards, I will soon have the nights needed for Lifetime Gold Status.  However, I need about 250,000 points to achieve that level.

I usually get great rates when staying at a Marriott hotel.  Because what I spend on Marriott hotel stays is not much, it doesn't convert to many points earned.

Business travel has ceased, so I won't be qualifying for the Megabonus point extravaganzas anymore.

I find that I actually get greater value in cash back with other credit cards than the points are worth using the Marriott credit card. 

I guess I will have to get used to the drop in status, as leisure travel nights total only about 15-20 a year.

Too bad a person cannot gift points to another without being a spouse or partner.

I already have the associated credit cards, so sign-up bonuses are not a possibility.

I am just venting, as I really enjoy the extra care and service I receive with my present platinum status and had hoped to have it continue with lifetime Gold.  I know many of you are in the same position.

Enjoy your travels!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Will have the nights, but not the points for Lifetime Gold
    702rugbyref Platinum

Best wishes and appreciate your calm venting. I have wondered if a person need to meet both criteria in order to receive a status and I think your situation as unfortunately answered it for me.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

curiousone Platinum

I am just the opposite, I have the points but not the nights. Because I use MR points for my Marriott hotels stays, and Marriott refuses to acknowledge MR Points as a form of currency, I get no credit for my nights. It is tough life we lead Marriott Reward members.

doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews

i am  on 475 nights but 300000 points short of lifetime gold lack of a summer mega bonus has cost me a fair whack of points but hopefully get the 45k bonus on the fall mega bonus and rack up a few so hope to be lifetime by next summer might be worth a phone call to see if they can help you ?

Jsucool76 Gold

Watch out for credit card offers. Marriott card is 80k, you can get 40k from the CSP, you can get (sometimes) 70k from the chase ink. if the 140k ritz promo comes back, you could hit your lifetime goal with just a few credit cards.

doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews

sadly the credit card offers to us in the uk are very poor by comparison

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...