29 Replies Latest reply: Oct 3, 2015 10:10 AM by misterchk RSS

Hotel Reviews

jimaruba Gold 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

How do you post an unsolicited hotel review?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Hotel Reviews
    txman Gold

Good question....I'd like to know the answer to that as well.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

I don't know either.  I post on TripAdvisor as I know lots of people use that website.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Very simple even since they've taken hotel reviews off Insiders and refuse to respond to us if the "Greater Team" will reconsider enabling them once again.

All you need to do is start a thread here and tile it something like "Review of *** Marriott".  Write your review and you'll get responses from other Insiders who have stayed there or will appreciate your insights to the property.

Platinum 28 Reviews

As my friend IAHFLYR from the loan star state has said this facility has been taken away from us.

If you have a few days you can review all of our complaints on various blogs and discussions.

In the absence of a designated place to post reviews many of us have created our own blogs to facilitate communicating our pleasures and discomforts with specific properties.

You might consider doing likewise until the time (if ever) Marriott gets the message.

ramoneur Platinum

"loan star state"

is this intentional humor?

is this a "nickname" for Texas, making a variation on "lone star state"?

txman Gold

Yes, Texas is considered the Lone Star State...

misterchk.

That would be capitalized and also similar to California, The Republic of Texas!!

International, well could be if we recede from the country after the next election.  Some would say we've already done that.

Platinum 28 Reviews

Forgive me my friend - couldn't resist on a boring day in La La Land.

Platinum 28 Reviews

ramoneur

txman

Apologies - was intentional - the lower case and the word loan - IAHFLYR is a constant target of my sarcasm What is important to remember about me is I only kid the one's I like!!  (I'm sure Mr. FLYR will confirm these stupid, infantile and immature jokes are done with affection)..

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

But to your buddy, IAHFLYR, it was not intentional at all.  It was - international. 

To jimaruba, Yes, concur with our friend from la la land (lower case - "intenational" ), post a discussion regarding a hotel review here, or as our friend from the Sunshine state mentions, post it on Trip Advisor (which seems to garner more attention with both hotel management as well as fellow guests).

Intenational.  Is that something that one of our former Presidents (from the "loan" star state) would say? (Now, now, I liked him just fine...  Mostly. )

Sorry, I just found out that I will be relegated to the dungeon for possibly three more months, with no real travel plans for escape.  Feeling a little rebellious at the moment.  Please forgive.

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

pluto77, I've had some good interaction on TripAdvisor emailing people about their reviews, getting tips, etc.  It's not the same as MR Insiders, but most people are helpful and will respond if you email them.   I feel your pain about no trips for 3 months.  As soon as I get done with one, I'm planning the next one. 

Complete affection!!

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

HEY, HIJACKERS! WE WERE TALKIN' REVIEWS!

(Sorry -- just couldn't resist.)

Hey Dude, for the first time ever I was on topic!!!!

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Great Insider interaction here!! Way to go crew!! They have taken down the review section here on the forum, but if it is something you all enjoy, we'll definitely let our team know.  You can just post a thread of the hotel or see if there is already a thread surrounding that property and add to it. 

carat,

Most of us here loved the ability to review hotels on Insiders, our only issue was that they constantly took the big board (main page) over and we wanted them to be placed somewhere so other posts didn't get lost by getting run off the big board by reviews.  Reviews are a valuable asset that I for one would like to see returned.

Thanks

IAHFLYR,

I tend to agree with you and the other members who'd like to see them come back.  This is a unique forum and to be able to hear reviews from members with similar travel styles can be a positive asset.

Platinum 28 Reviews

carat

We could use an active "Marriott Associate" on our team to pressure the company to return this valuable facility to us.

Not meaning to be repetitive (but will be ), our experiences and desired treatment and services by properties are different than the average traveler.

Communicating this information to the company and the specific property is of paramount importance to the community.

treborw Platinum

Well, I guess since I wanted to post my review of property here to give Marriott a chance to respond and provide feedback to the property, I guess I will just have to rely on the review that I posted on Tripadvisor.com

Thanks for the feedback, misterchk. I have brought the this thread to the appropriate teams attention. Perhaps all of the interaction here may make a change, we can only keep our fingers crossed.

Platinum 28 Reviews

carat

If I keep my fingers crossed will some be responsible for un-crossing them before my casket is lowered?

jimaruba Gold 1 Reviews

Agree 100%

Platinum 28 Reviews

There are few discussions that get me more aggravated than this one.  I feel that this is a "quest" that is becoming the "impossible dream" (my apologies to the composer and lyricist of "Man of LaMancha").

We have been on this campaign for months.  Marriott has ignored our requests (as they do others as well) to allow us to communicate with our fellow 'road warriors".  A group that they claim is their most important income and revenue base.

We are allowed to talk about our families, where we want to spend birthdays, and other mundane subjects that are indeed a pleasure to share but reduces this forum to a social activity rather than a constructive medium to make our lives easier when on the road.

It is simply inconceivably and an insult that we have not received (on this forum) any communication on this subject from Marriott.

They are sticking to their policy of ignoring any and all requests for explanation and or restoration of a facility that we obviously made serious use of.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Insiders, we’re listening and we appreciate all the feedback. We understand that Hotel Reviews is an important feature to the community. The decision was made to host reviews on the individual property websites due to digital and business implications. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We value your feedback on this matter, and we have passed it along to senior leaders in the organization. While there are no plans to move Reviews back to the Insiders site, we fully support and encourage beginning threads for the purpose of reviewing properties. As always, thank you for being a part of the community and voicing your opinions and ideas.

Platinum 28 Reviews

The "permission" to review "unofficially" is a start!

Thank you for the response.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

That's great, CM.  Unfortunately, I think that not having the reviews is only half of the problem. The other half of the problem is that we must be solicited to submit a review, which is, by all accounts, a rarity. 

If you were to poll Insiders NathalieF to see just how many have actually gotten to participate in the "individual property website" reviews I believe you'd be shocked at how few actually get a chance to provide a review let along get them published on the hotel site.  I know in the pat two years I've had ONE chance to provide a review and it did not even make the hotel website list and it was a very good review of that property.

Platinum 28 Reviews

In my never ending campaign to get banned from this site I have an idea that might seal my fate!

Is now the time to create an independent website, maybe - "notofficialmarriott.com" ???

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...