9 Replies Latest reply: Sep 22, 2015 8:04 AM by pingreeman RSS

Platinum for life

caldreamn Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Does anyone else have an opinion why Marriott only gives you the benefit that you don't have to qualify anymore after achieving this milestone? You are not treated any differently than one time gold or platinum members. After 2 million points and over 2 years being in their facilities, one would think you would be granted so much more.  Most times don't get recognized as a valued member and even laugh when the room in my profile request isn't even honored "lajolla courtyard Marriott" .... Twice!! And this whole badge thing, it isn't retroactive.  Please already. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum for life
    Far East Man Platinum 1 Reviews

I have been lifetime platinum for 5 years and can't say that it has gotten me anything either!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Book_Worm Platinum 8 Reviews

I should be lifetime plat by the end of September. I am not sure that I expect special treatment (other than the fact that I will permanently be plat, regardless of my stays from here on out).

hhoope01 Platinum

I've been a LT Plat for quite a while now as well.  The benefit is that even though I haven't achieved 75 nights at Marriott hotels for any year over the last 10 years, I'm still a Plat elite.  And the few nights I do stay, I get the Plat elite benefits. 

The benefit is you now have that elite level for life no matter how many (or how few) nights you stayed at a Marriott last year. 

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

yes that is the big advantage. I also no longer would qualify fro platinum as I usually now stay about 30  days per year but being lifetime I get the full benefits

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi caldreamn! Thanks for starting this thread and sharing your thoughts with the community. I appreciate everyone's thoughts around this, and will be passing this on to our greater team for review.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

MY travel is very changeable but in reality I have only made 75 nights twice since joining MR 10 years ago. Mostly I struggle to do 50 nights, and that's with the annual 10EQN from the credit card. I'm very happy to have reached 600 nights and 2million points, meaning I'm LTGold with its upgrades and lounge access and I no longer have to chase up those 50 nights annually, with LT Plat and its extra points just 3 or 4 years away now.

The use of LTPlat (and indeed LTGold) is that there's no need to stay the nights to retain status. And I for one think it's a great benefit of the program.

nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

After my stays this weekend, I'm 19 nights away from lifetime Platinum, having been lifetime Gold for a while. As others have said, the benefit is that if your travel changes, or, as in my case, you are approaching retirement, you don't have to meet the annual 75 night stay requirement. Frankly, I've never looked at it as a status that should entitle me to extra benefits over those who aren't lifetime, or who are just regular Gold or Platinum members, rather than lifetime members. If I looked at it from the perspective of what extra benefits I should get, in order to be fair, I'd have to look at if from the perspective of "Is it fair for me to get the same "extra benefits" as a lifetime Platinum who has, say, over 1,000 nights, when I will have "only" 750? I consider myself fortunate that Marriott has recognized a level of loyalty that eliminates the need for annual renewal of Silver, Gold or Platinum level. My feeling is, lets just enjoy the fact that we survived the amount of travel that it took to earn any lifetime level. (And I can tell you, since 9/11, travel is not anywhere near as enjoyable as it once was.)

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I expect to be Lifetime Platinum somewhere around mid-2017.

Unlike  nhtraveler I actually travel a lot more since I retired.  I never even made Gold until I retired in 2004 and have been Platinum for about 6 years now.  Beyond that, I agree with everything that nhtraveler sasys.

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

Welcome to LT Flat (I mean Plat). Little benefit other than having Platinum status without chasing nights.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...