12 Replies Latest reply: Feb 10, 2016 3:19 PM by ruthstock13 RSS

Is Ipsos Survey legit?

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just received an email soliciting the completion of a survey on behalf of Marriott offering 1500 bonus points.  Is this truly a Marriott sponsored survey??

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Is Ipsos Survey legit?
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Having our team look into this, @ne_traveling_man. Stay tuned and I'll provide more info.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Good Morning, @ne_traveling_man,

lindseyh has reached out to our team and they have gotten back to us asking for more information.  Can you send either Lindsey, or myself, carat, a private message with the email address this came from, the topic is was covering as well as any additional details that may help us narrow it down?  Thanks in advance.

donethat Platinum 5 Reviews

I too received the IPSOS email about a survey. I tried to answer the survey and it told me they already had enough responses.  I received a different one last week too, with same result.  Please don't waste my time in the future, as I will delete automatically.

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi ne_traveling_man,

I am working with lindseyh and carat get clarity from our team on whether this survey was legitimate or not. Could you please send me a private message with more details, including the email address you received it from, possibly even a screenshot of the email or the link to the survey? Our team is interested in researching this for all members so any additional details would be greatly appreciated!

donethat if you have the email address you received it from, or a screenshot of the email or the link to the survey, that would also help us. Thanks to you both!

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Appreciate you folks checking into this deannad.  Does Marriott ever do any surveys?  If so, in general, how can we be sure that they are legit?

gudariinpdx Platinum

Hi.

I also received an email from IPSOS claiming they've been hired by Marriott for a survey. The email says it's for a limited time and chances of a $200 reward. Too many red flags.

Have you guys confirmed if they're legite?

I tried to send you a private message but is not working.

gudariinpdx, the above mentioned surveys have been "legit" so the chances that this one is too, is high.  However, it is always good to double check.  I will reach out to our team about this and let you know what they have to say... Stay tuned.

I'd also like to Welcome you to the Insiders Community!  As you may have already seen, this is a great place to talk about all things Rewards and Marriott related.  It is also a wonderful spot to share your travel recommendations and experiences.  I am one of the moderators here, along with lindseyh, deannad and joshm.  If you ever have any questions, please feel free to reach out to any of us.

I've also included a link to our Getting Started Guide, just in case you wanted to take a peek. 

Getting Started Guide

Looking forward to hearing more from you!!

gudariinpdx Platinum

I took the survey. Extremely  painful and confusing to do. I'll think twice in the future to start one of these.

702rugbyref Platinum

What is IPSOS?

702rugbyref, it is a research and survey company.  I have received survey's from them for other companies, but never from Marriott. 

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi gudariinpdx,

Our team has informed us that some members are being solicited for an IPSOS survey, so it is legitimate. Thanks for checking in, and sorry it was arduous!

ruthstock13 Silver

So....What's the scoop, as I just signed up for this survey for an incentive of $50 to spend online with an undisclosed vendor....From what I've read, this isn't likely to worth my time,,,,For all I know, it's going to be Restraunt.com which could have been pruchased for $4.

*$50 incentive will be fulfilled via an eGiftCard, redeemable at top merchants, using the same e-mail address where you received this email/or the email address provided by you. You could expect to receive the notification for your incentive in 6 to 8 weeks after completion of the live, online session.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...