6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 3, 2015 1:35 PM by 702rugbyref RSS

How to escalate after no response from customer care?

unresolvedissue Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I was double charged for parking.  Seems simple to fix, right?  No one at Marriott “customer care” or the KeyBridge Marriott disagrees that I was incorrectly charged twice for parking (of one car for one night).  And it was added in a sneaky fashion as there was just the one, correct, charge on the bill under the door but the email folio that I only saw when I returned home had 2 parking charges.  Yet I am told no one can do anything about it.  I paid using a Marriott gift card.  I still have the same gift card used because I don’t know if they would need that particular card to refund.  I asked they just put the charge back on the gift card used. Or send me a check.  Or send me a new gift card for the amount.  I paid for the Marriott gift card, which is a Marriott-accepted form of payment, they double charged me but say there is nothing that can be done to correct their error?  I don’t accept that, I keep trying and they keep hoping I will go away.  I do not want to reward customer theft and so don't go away.  My last email was to customer care on 12/31 sent as instructed by a horrifyingly terrible customer service rep who chided and yelled at me as if I had wronged Marriott.  Of course, after sending it, I received an auto response email that I would be contacted shortly…..… nope 

I have now stopped staying at Marriott's and will soon be cancelling my Visa card due to the utter lack of regard for customer goodwill OR doing what is right and reversing a charge that they acknowledge was not legitimate.  Does anyone have a contact higher up than the misnamed customer care group?   Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How to escalate after no response from customer care?
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

So you're last email to CS was 12/31 of last year and you are just now seeking help for something so horrible that you stopped staying at Marriott completely?  Seems to this observer if it upset you that much you would have stayed on the refund trail every week until it was resolved. 

Just my observation now on 8/19, but maybe some of our Insider Moderator Team (NathalieF, joshm, CariJ, lindseyh, carat or deannad will be able to assist you in elevating this issue.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

unresolvedissue Silver

I do understand your comment!  I had already stopped staying at any Marriott after my many attempts for resolution to the hotel directly (which actually did start off as weekly attempts!) to get the refund for the double charge before talking to and emailing customer care.  I really didn't know what else to do after that.  I believe I would feel the same way as you just reading this, yet know what I already had tried and that I felt I was at a standstill as to what else to do before coming across this site and thought I would ask if there were any other options to try to get resolution!

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Yikes, unresolvedissue. I'm sure this has been quite frustrating for you and I'd like to see if I can help.  Can you send me a private message with your Rewards number, details of your stay (dates, property) and the best way to contact you?  I will work with our team to provide support you with support.

I'd also like to welcome you to the Insiders Community. This is a great place to share you travel experiences, recommendations and even unanswered questions.  My name is Cara, carat, and I am one of the moderators here along with  lindseyh, deannad and KatieC.  If you have any question, please feel free to reach out to us.  I've also included a link to our "Getting Started" guide. 

Getting Started Guide

Can't wait to hear more from you

unresolvedissue Silver

Hi Cara,

Thank you very much for your reply and offer to try to help- thank you!  Is there another way to send a direct message?  After typing in my message to you and hitting send, I get a circle with a red bar bar through through it over the send button and a red bar comes up across the bottom of the page with close as the only option.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hmm. That's odd. I've gone ahead and sent you a direct message in the hopes that it will open a chat between us.  Let me know if you haven't received it. Thanks!!

702rugbyref Platinum

And I am staying in Arlington at KeyBridge for meetings on the 29 and 30th. Hmmmm....

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...