5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 18, 2015 7:54 PM by lindseyh RSS

Maximize Platinum Benefits by Transferring Points to Spouse/Domestic Partner on Reward Bookings!!

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I responded to this on a different post, Re: What do you do when you are Platinum and your spouse is silver.. but thought it would be beneficial to post it for other Marriott Members to consider using to maximize their Elite Benefits.

My wife is gold and I am a Life Time Platinum. I transfer my wife's points to my account for use on award travel so that we both benefit from my Platinum status. There is no cost to transfer the points!!! Marriott will fax you a form to fill out and sign to do the point transfer!!! Then you send the signed form back to Marriott. In my experience it only take a few day for the transfer to take place!

You can transfer your points to your legal spouse or domestic partner at time of reward redemption provided he or she is also a Marriott Rewards member. To transfer points,  contact Marriott Rewards Customer Support at 1-801-468-4000. Further information, and Terms & Conditions regarding the transfer of points, can be found here: http://www.marriott.com/rewards/usepoints/tranpurc.mi#transfer. I hope this helps!

The following question was raised to me:

Can you transfer the points if the platinum has enough points for the award or does the platinum have to hit zero balance before they can transfer?  I was reading the wording and my perception was that you must need the points to buy the award.

I have done this a number of times and the number of points I have as a Platinum Member did not impact on the ability to transfer points from my wife's account for award travel.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
marriott

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...