7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 19, 2015 9:09 AM by dave4525 RSS

Loyalty is a two way street

dave4525 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I Have stayed this year to date 195 nights with Marriott hotels, easily platinum premier elite member  so the plan was to meet my son for a few days in Marriott Singapore, as he was coming from Malaysia he would arrive first, I phoned before and let them know, as my son checked in he was told that he could not have lounge access or breakfast until his father arrived. I emailed from office manager outlining loyalty goes both ways with not eben the courtesy of a reply.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Singapore, Singapore Marriott Hotels & Resorts Singapore Marriott Hotel
  • Re: Loyalty is a two way street
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

NOT great service there, though the strict rule for lounge access is that a guest is admitted with the member.

AS I sit in yet another non-US/Canada lounge with way more empty chairs than occupied, Edinburgh, I'd say 30 chairs, 6 used, it would seem petty to me if access was refused in your circumstances, but if theres overcrowding issues, I could understand...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

Bob,  You definitely make sense with your take on this one.  The manager, however could have given Dave the courtesy of a reply.

In 2012, I had an experience where my stay in Boston, which consisted of a paid and a points period, somehow got divided among two hotels that were across Copley Square from each other. This was a week after the Marathon bombing and as a result both hotels were overbooked with press.  The only rooms available for my Platinum guaranty were over $500 per night.  Moving hotels represented a burden for me since I was recovering from heart surgery.

When I discovered the error, I contacted both hotels.  The CY manager said he would have someone try to work with me but I never heard back.  When I called him back, he refused to take my call or have anyone call me back.

The manager of the Marriott (Ruben)  worked with me, checking everyday to try and find me an affordable room and finally succeeded.  We had a great stay!  Guess which hotel I will consider for my next stay in Boston!

doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews

my daughter was staying in colorado with friends and fell out with them so had to fly home via orlando cue the bank of dad to bail her out she had to stay overnight at the orlando airport marriott i called them up pre authorised my cc and the emailed me a form to allow her to check in without a cc  she was given a huge room with lounge access so i guess its just the luck of the draw or property  but the manager should have replied to you either way

moonflower Platinum 13 Reviews

I have had a rather similar experience when my wife tried to book in ahead of me at the Grosvenor House in London. Having come out of a Board meeting to make a call to the hotel to alert them, they still refused despite her showing ID. She eventually got hold of me and I provided the confirmation number. As you might imagine I was not pleased. Sensible security I support but this was beyond anything reasonable. I extracted an apology!

702rugbyref Platinum

I have had positive experiences when booking on behalf of someone else, all within the USA so I am not sure if that is a difference maker.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Oh no, that sounds very frustrating, dave4525! Especially since you did not receive a response from the manager. I will pass this thread on to our team to look into. If you'd like, I'd be happy to connect you with a member of the team to discuss. Just shoot me a private message with your contact info.

dave4525 Platinum

hi not sure the final reason but the Marriott Singapore ended up being very nice to my son during the rest of his stay so thankyou

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...