3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2009 8:16 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

Travel tip

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I always pack one or two small night lights into my suitcase to use in the hotel room at night.  Gives just enough glow to see in the dark.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Travel tip
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Packing a small night lite is a GREAT idea.  Away from home, surroundings, furniture and room layout is unfamiliar and more so in the dark.  With elevated concern about H1N1, we went shopping for wet wipes at the 99 cents store recently to keep in the rental car and our carry-on luggage. While there, I spotted a night light.  A second trip is on my honey-do list.  Thanks for the travel tip.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

I always carry Clorox disinfecting wipes in my luggage.  First thing I do upon arrival in my room is to clean it! 

When do you think the last time that remote control was cleaned?  Or the door knobs and light switches?  Sink, toilet, and shower handles???

And, I always bring a pair of cheap rubber flip flops to wear in the shower... really don't want athelete's foot.  They also double as my slippers and can be worn to the pool, etc.

tjcnewyork Platinum

Here's a fresh idea from Marriott. A bedside lamp that doubles as a night lamp.  We just spent the weekend at the newly refurbished Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa in Groton, Connecticut.  Both bedside lamps have a second switch (shown below) that turns on a low voltage lamp.

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp50/TOWNHOUSEMEDIA/HPIM1676.jpg

Above:  Bedside lamps feature an acrylic translucent base.  The front switch turns on the lamp as shown above.

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp50/TOWNHOUSEMEDIA/HPIM1689.jpg

Above:  Base of the lamp has a switch in front and on the side.  The switch on the side turns on a low voltage lamp in the acrylic base below the lampshade.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...