11 Replies Latest reply: Aug 18, 2015 8:21 PM by lindseyh RSS

What do you do when you are Platinum and your spouse is silver..

lovintravel Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

but has lots of MR points to use?  We like the upgrades that come with my rewards number, but we want to use some of his points.

Is there any way to get some of the benefits of my being platinum?

Thanks for your thoughts.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: What do you do when you are Platinum and your spouse is silver..
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

A year ago my wife and I stayed across town to get some activity on her Gold account as she doesn't have meetings any more at Marriott which got her to Gold in the first place.  I made the reservation from her account and when we checked into the hotel I put down my Platinum card (which I seldom carry) and poof, "thank you for your loyalty we have a room upgrade for you"!!! 

I seriously doubt this is the norm, but worth the try.  Or you can use his points for other travel things such as airline tickets or just use them upgrade or not and enjoy the trip for points.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)