6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 23, 2010 1:11 PM by houstonnewbie RSS

Ritz in Tokyo?

texasgirl Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I've just booked the Ritz in Tokyo using my Marriott points (for May 2010).  Any feedback on hotel or local restaurants, location of hotel, staff, etc?  We've been to Tokyo previously and stayed at the Courtyard, but was looking for something a little more upscale this time.  Thoughts?

• Re: Ritz in Tokyo?
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Texasgirl,

That is great information to know!

I have a trip planned for Tokyo, but have not booked rooms.

This give me a another option.  Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

texasgirl Platinum 1 Reviews

The Ritz is significantly more upscale than the Courtyard.... looks fabulous on-line.  More points, but looks like it will be worth it!  I think the Ritz now considers the money spent at the hotel on "incidentals" or room/tax as Marriott points if you request it at check-in (this is new).

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

Texasgirl:

MR points can be redeemed at Ritz, but earning Marriott Rewards points for incidentals (like dining) at Ritz merits confirmation.

While in Orlando recently, we considered extending our stay at the JWMarriott GrandeLakes and dining with friends at the Vineyard Grill. The JW confirmed that dining at the Ritz could be billed to the room, but any revenue spent at the Ritz would NOT earn MR points.

Maybe they didn't get the memo?

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

TJC -- during a recent stay at JW Grand Lakes, I charged Ritz Spa and Ritz Golf to my room and earned MR points for those charges.  As previously stated, the only thing I didn't earn points for was the valet parking at JW.

tjcnewyork Platinum

Glad to hear it, NUHusker.  The question is why did the Front Desk at the JW state otherwise when I called 10/30?

houstonnewbie Gold

Hey texasgirl, I too will be heading to the Tokyo Ritz in May with my daughter - timing it around the Grand Sumo tournament. I was wondering if I could use Marriott points to upgrade to Club level (heard its excellent). Also, will the Ritz accept Marriott Cheques? We're too excited about the trip!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...