4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 26, 2015 12:21 AM by vaboywnder RSS

Beware trying to use your points at the Grand Bohemian Hotel in Asheville NC

gregoryvandrews Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

First off, beautiful hotel, great location, staff very friendly and helpful.

We secured reservations using my Marriott Reward points (I am a Platinum Member).  No problem there.  When we checked in I asked the check in person if we could do instant redemption points for the spa treatments we had scheduled and were told that we could.

Imagine our surprise when at check out we were told the points could NOT be used for the spa OR the restaurant on the grounds!  No where on the Marriott point instant redemption site does it mention this.  Apparently select hotels have been able to opt out of accepting points and are not listed on line and the Grand Bohemian in Asheville is one of those hotels.  Marriott can offer us no help. 

So we have a $665.57 bill for spa treatments and meals eaten at the restaurant on the grounds.

Very, very disappointing.  Certain hotels can opt out and even the staff at those hotels do not know if they are in or out.

Stayed August 2015

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Beware Grand Bohemian Asheville point problem
  • Re: Beware trying to use your points at the Grand Bohemian Hotel in Asheville NC
    jamesdean Platinum 1 Reviews

To be honest I did not know points could be used for Spa & Restaurant, that 's something new to me.

That being said if at check-in they approved the use of points for those items then that should be honoured at check-out. Even if the front desk person made an error in saying such, the hotel should honour that.

It's never nice to get an unwanted surprise at check-out, it really leaves a bad taste in your mouth to leave on that note, and one usually has limited time to follow through at that point.

JD

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Beware trying to use your points at the Grand Bohemian Hotel in Asheville NC
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hello gregoryvandrews.  Thanks for sharing your experience at the Grand Bohemian Hotel. 

Can you send me a private message with your Rewards number and the dates of your stay?  I'll work with a member of our team to provide clarity around this.  Thanks in advance!!

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi gregoryvandrews,

I've been working with Cara and we heard back from our team. They have requested that you please contact Marriott's Customer Care team at 1-800-535-4028, or email at customer.care@marriott.com, and they would be happy to assist you. Please let us know if you do not receive a timely response if you choose to email, or if the phone conversation does not satisfy you. We're here to help

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

The Bohemian hotel (Autograph property) should have allowed you to use points for Instant Redemption against your hotel folio.  According to the terms and conditions "Instant Redemption Awards are not available at Marriott Vacation Club, The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas and Atlantis Hotel" but is offered at participating hotels including Autograph properties.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott-rewards/use/instant.mi

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...