4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 25, 2015 2:08 PM by 702rugbyref RSS

Parking Fees

goducks!! Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

My wife and I just got our status upgraded to Platinum. When we travel for leisure, will they ever cover parking charges for Platinum?? Sometimes parking fees are pretty high at certain locations.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Parking Fees
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

No.

Parking fees aren't affected by status. If a property charges for parking, you'll have to pay if you park there.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tfreeman98 Platinum 13 Reviews

I have never gotten free parking, where there was otherwise a charge for parking, just because we are Platinum status.  I think there was an explanation on these boards recently, to the effect that parking is usually a concession, not run directly by a hotel, so (even if the they were otherwise inclined to do so) it would be more difficult to waive the parking charge.

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi goducks!! ,

We confirmed with our team and bejacob is correct in saying that waived parking fees are not a listed benefit of being a Platinum member so if a hotel charges for parking, members of all levels will need to pay. Thanks for posting your question, we are happy to provide answers anytime.

702rugbyref Platinum

Parking fees frustrate me to the nth degree. As far as I know and I am a Platinum member as well, no they will not waive any of these fees. I actually make a conscious effort to avoid hotels that charge them and that means looking at other hotel chains.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...