1 2 3 12 Previous Next 165 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2016 5:16 PM by jerryl RSS

What's Your 2015 Fall MegaBonus?

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

The MegaBonus is here!

Here's what I got

To earn up to 45,000 bonus points:

• Register by November 15, 2015
  • Stay at participating properties between September 15, 2015 and January 15, 2016
  • Earn 25,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights + 2,000 bonus points after each additional night, up to 45,000 bonus points

It's a little bit out of reach based on my planned stays. Currently looking at 17 paid nights, so I might try to add a few more to reach 20. Either that or see what others got and ask to switch to something more beneficial. On first glance it doesn't appear to be as good as past promotions (didn't the last one only need 15 nights to earn 25K points?).

So Insiders, what are the details of your 2015 Fall MegaBonus promotion?

• 1. Re: What's Your 2015 Fall MegaBonus?
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Here's mine:

To earn up to 35,000 bonus points:

• Stay at participating properties between September 15, 2015 and January 15, 2016
    • Earn 15,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights + 2,000 bonus points after each additional night, up to 35,000 bonus points

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 2. Re: What's Your 2015 Fall MegaBonus?
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Thanks for starting this thread, bejacob! Interested to hear what others have to share!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 3. Re: What's Your 2015 Fall MegaBonus?
    foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

Marriott Rewards know their audience (members). I got "Earn double points with every stay, beginning with your 2nd stay, up to a maximum of 20,000 points." That's okay, though; the announcement of the new MegaBonus came out on the first day of the new academic year. And any stays between now and mid-January will be courtesy of points, thanks to a smokin' Chase Marriott Rewards card. But in the end, I'm just glad the bonus is back.

• 4. Re: What's Your 2015 Fall MegaBonus?
    barrpat Platinum 7 Reviews

To earn up to 45,000 bonus points:

• Earn 25,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights + 2,000 bonus points after each additional night, up to 45,000 bonus points

• 5. Re: What's Your 2015 Fall MegaBonus?
    vickisocal Platinum

Last year A, this year B, Sept 15- Jan 15. Keep in mind, generally points decrease in value year to year due to category creep. At every stay/night point, the bonus is lower this year.

1A) Earn double points with every paid stay*, starting with your second stay, up to 25,000 bonus points

1B) Earn double points with every paid stay*, starting with your second stay, up to 20,000 bonus points

2A) Earn 2500 bonus points with every paid stay*, starting with your second stay, up to 25,000 bonus points

2B) Earn 2000 bonus points with every paid stay*, starting with your second stay, up to 20,000 bonus points.

3A) Earn 25,000 bonus points after 12 paid nights, plus an additional 5,000 points after 18 paid nights, up to 30,000 bonus points

4A) Earn 25,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights, plus an additional 15,000 points after 20 paid nights, up to 40,000 bonus points

4B) Earn 15,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights + 2,000 bonus points after each additional night, up to 35,000 bonus points

5A) Earn 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights, plus an additional 15,000 points after 25 paid nights, up to 50,000 bonus points

6A) Earn 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights, plus an additional 2,000 for every additional paid night, up to 55,000 bonus points

6B) Earn 25,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights + 2,000 bonus points after each additional night, up to 45,000 bonus points

• 6. Re: What's Your 2015 Fall MegaBonus?
    jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

I guess this is ok for me. not sure if i should switch to double points since i will be paying almost $400 for a ritz stay. Other stays are about 150 but no more than 200.

• Earn 2,000 bonus points on every paid stay*, starting with your second stay, up to up to 20,000 bonus points

• 7. Re: What's Your 2015 Fall MegaBonus?
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

I must respectfully disagree with your assessment that Marriott knows it's members, foxglove, as I received the same mega bonus promotion offer as vaboywnder, which amounts to NO bonus promotion, since there is no way I can come  close to satisfying the offer terms.  So literally NO bonus, none, zip, nada, rien, even though there will be a few Marriott stays.  Had I received your offer, I might have at least had a shot at earning a little something.  Why does Marriott insist on dissing it's loyalty customers so?  I am feeling a little bit betrayed by this unfortunate (for me) promotion.

• 8. Re: What's Your 2015 Fall MegaBonus?
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Just like pluto77 I'm not overjoyed by my offer.  More than likely all of my travel during this time period will be leisure travel and it would be difficult to reach 15 nights.  I used to receive offers like 3A from vickisocal listing above.  It was definitely more of an incentive to stay 12 nights to get 25K bonus points.  I don't think 15k points is worth making extra mattress runs on.   I may call Marriott Rewards customer Service and see if I can switch to the Double Points promo as it would likely be more beneficial to me.

• 9. Re: What's Your 2015 Fall MegaBonus?
    snyper175 Gold 1 Reviews

Mine is earning double points on every paid stay between 15 September and 15 January.  I hate the paid stay ones because it makes me hotel hop on a 3 or 4 day trip in order to maximize the point offer.  I love the free night after two stay promotion.

• 10. Re: What's Your 2015 Fall MegaBonus?
    tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Also like vaboywnder and pluto77, I got the worthless offer of having to stay 15 nights before I get any bonus miles

• 11. Re: What's Your 2015 Fall MegaBonus?
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Like past promotions, I expect many folks will not be happy with the offer selected by Marriott. There seems to be little correlation to travel history and which promotion is assigned. If anything, Elite status seems to be somewhat of a consideration in that most often Platinum members get a more difficult (more nights required) promotion to achieve than Silver members. I'm sure that doesn't hold true in all cases. For once, I got a promotion that might actually fit. Though I'll still need a few extra nights, it will be nice not having to call to switch (as I've had to do on every offer over the last 3 years).

The best thing to do if an offer is clearly out of reach is to call customer service before the promotion starts and ask to switch. Some CS reps will tell you call back near the end of the promotion to switch so they can select a promotion that will be suitable to your stays. This is my preferred choice, but last time I was told by a long time CS rep (25+ years) that I should have called before the promo started (which I did). Even in you cannot get someone to change your promotion at the beginning, ask them to make a note on your account that you called and requested a change. That way when you call back a couple days before the promo ends (don't wait until after it is over or you'll be out of luck), there is a record that you tried to switch earlier. Regardless of when you call, you may not have the choice of any offer out there. The default promos is probably either a) double points after every 2nd stay or b) 2000 points after every 2nd stay (both up to a maximum of 20k points) and you may be steered toward one of those.

Marriott could avoid the frustration of switching promotions by letting us choose the offer best suited to our travel plans. As long as multiple promotion options are available, some (many) of us will get one that isn't the best one for us.

• 12. Re: What's Your 2015 Fall MegaBonus?
    superchief1 Platinum

I don't even pay attention to Megabonus offers any more because the ones I receive are out of reach and don't provide nearly the value that they did previously. It would be interesting to do a promotion analyses to see whether their recent promotions have generated the incremental business that they had in the past. I know that I had always made an effort to reach my goal. Now, the equation doesn't work for me: value<incremental effort

• 13. Re: What's Your 2015 Fall MegaBonus?
    ndn Platinum

Same as I got. This is basically not a promotion at all. 20,000 points for a platinum? Are you kidding me?

• 14. Re: What's Your 2015 Fall MegaBonus?
    razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

This is the same offer I got.  Don't know if I will be able to achieve the goal or not.

1 2 3 12 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...