4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 19, 2015 9:41 AM by ks77 RSS

Guaranteed temperature comfort in your room

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

While I have posted this before, it has been a while and many new MRI members may not be aware of it so I figured I would post again.

Have you ever walked into your room and thought, wow it's hot in here! Or geez, it is freezing in here, I don't want to be in a meat locker! Or you have been given a room with windows that let in a lot of light that heat up the room and you just can't get comfortable? Well friends, worry no more!

Most Marriott rooms/suites use INNCOM thermostats. (Many other chains such as Hilton and Hyatt do as well). The key to comfort is knowing how to activate the VIP feature on the thermostat.

How to enable VIP on an INNCOM thermostat:

Push and hold down the "Display" button.

While holding down "Display", tap the "OFF/AUTO" button once, then tap the "UP" button once, and then release the "Display" button. The letters VIP will appear on the screen. The usual parameters of 65 and 80 will now change to 60 and 85. While I can't fathom staying in a room that is 85, I almost always set the room to 60 and adjust accordingly once the room cools down. In summer it is so amazing to walk into a cold room. I personally love sleeping in a cold room.

While I have heard a handful of people tell me that certain properties must have their own override that will make the VIP feature inoperable, I have never come across it. Enjoy your comfy rooms everyone!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Guaranteed temperature comfort in your room
    702rugbyref Platinum

I had this happen to me this past weekend. Like I said on my hotel review, I really liked my stay after I had to use my engineering degree on the AC unit.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Great tip, ks77! I will be sure to keep this in mind next time I'm too hot or cold in a room.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

I've used this trick several times and it works at most hotels which have the INNCOM digital wall thermostat.  This past weekend I stayed at one of my favorite Courtyard properties in Northern VA (CY Dunn Loring) and was disappointed that the hotel had change the wall air conditioning unit to a more energy efficient unit that automatically shuts off after a period of time.  On the previous units at this Courtyard I was able to have them run in both cool & fan mode continuously through the entire night. This new unit would only run for a short period of time and then shut down which made the bedroom area a little warmer than desired for sleeping.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...