5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2015 5:02 PM by boomer RSS

SpringHill Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport

terryamurphy Platinum 5 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

If you go to the Marriott website to read their "Real Stays, Real Reviews" you'll see that they only post favorable results. I could not even find this place in this forum where people could search for it alone and comment on their stays because it says the location has been removed. It's no wonder with how awful this place is. Regardless of how many stays I have and what my status is with Marriot properties, this is by far the worst I have been to across all stays. 

First of all, why offer mobile check in if you still do not have the room ready and still ask to see ID and the credit with which the room was reserved. Why ask for preferences if they will be ignored or can be overridden by the front desk?

Secondly, status does not matter here. Loyalty does not matter here. Quality does not matter here. Customer Service DOES NOT MATTER here. They are perfectly content with or without your business so YOU do not matter here.

Thirdly, get your front desk trained on how to provide customer service and not to take phone calls on their cell phones when people are checking in.

Finally, for the price, this sure does look like a run down hotel with very poor upkeep and maintenance. You have got to be kidding me with the breakfast foods left over day after day. Not one bit taste less than a week old.

Now, let's take some parts of the scripted responses and guess which ones we will see here:

Something like thanking me for taking the time to share my concerns which they will continue to ignore.  My feedback from helps them to provide the outstanding service Marriott is not known for.  If they can be of further assistance, let us know so we can ignore you further.

Mr complaining customer, your money is greatly appreciated but once again, your status means nothing to us and we feel secure in the fact that your business is not needed and our heart will go on. Therefore, we do not care about your loyalty.

Standard rhetoric with no substance or no action.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
SpringHill Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport
  • Re: SpringHill Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

First, I would like to welcome you to the Insiders Community. This is a great place to share your travel experiences, recommendations, and even your concerns.  My name is Cara, carat, and I am one of the Moderators here along with, joshm, lindseyh, KatieC and deannad.  If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to any of us, we're here to help.

We're sorry to hear of your inconvenience and would like to see if we can provide additional assistance.  Could you send me a private message with additional details about your stay, your Rewards Number and the best way to contact you? We will work with our team to provide support.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

That is a lousy experience. I am not sure if no breakfast is a deal breaker for you but I have stayed at the Courtyard BWI and had an excellent stay. I hope the MRI team can help you reach a resolution.

nmballoonist Platinum

Ditto on the Courtyard BWI and had good stays at the Marriott BWI.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Hd some wonderful stays in and around BWI, but am not sure I would go back there.!

boomer Platinum

I have stayed at the Arundel Mills property before as well as the other SHS about a mile away right AT the airport.  Both are solid but the one AT the airport has had more negative employee interactions.  I have never had a negative employee interaction at this one.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...