6 Replies Latest reply: May 24, 2016 11:41 AM by nacho RSS

I know I'm going to have a nice stay if Rebecca is around

nacho Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Courtyard Bremen is a hotel we visit once in a while. There are a lot of rather unpleasant things happened in this hotel - one morning we woke up with part of a ceiling on the floor (thank God that wasn't on us), fire alarm in the early morning and turned out to be nothing, someone making sexual sound every 10 minutes lasted until 1am...... None of these were handled promptly unfortunately.

Sounded like I'm writing in the wrong thread? No, let me continue: None of these incidents happened when Rebecca was around, some of these happened before she started working at the hotel.

Let's talk about Rebecca. First of all, her English is excellent - can't tell that she is German. She is polite, kind, helpful and most importantly - she loves her job and she learns and improves. Once when we arrived at the hotel (I checked in via Marriott app but underestimated the traffic so we arrived 3 hours later than expected), the FDC said, 'you are supposed to be here at 8pm and here's your key', nothing mentioned about the Platinum arrival gift. I felt that the comment was absolutely unnecessary. I was tired after an 8 hours drive and being greeted this way I felt that I have done something wrong, so I decided to claim my PAG compensation (I only do this when I don't get the right treatment from a hotel).

So the next day we contacted Rebecca and she started being defensive about it (maybe she doesn't know), saying that if we want the points she can just credit it. Then she said she will check and get back to us later. She did and apologize and we got our guarantee - we really appreciated that. People make mistakes once in a while, and it's not a problem as long as they correct their mistakes. Rebecca did and it's great. Now when we check-in there is a slip to remind all FDC to offer a choice of PAG

During the same stay, our fridge was broken, so we called Rebecca. She offered us to change room, and then we did. Unfortunately that room has no wifi signal so we had to change again. She told us that we can have a look at the room and check the wifi signal before we move. The signal was much better and so we moved. Rebecca told us that it's her favourite room in the hotel (not many FDC I talked to have an opinion about the rooms).

After that we had several stays there and when Rebecca is there we know that we will be well taken care of. She is always cheerful and great to deal with which is amazing (you don't find many of these in Europe). She never seems bothered if we ask too many questions and she even suggests us to try out different rooms at the hotel (she has a couple of rooms that she recommends). CY Bremen is on my list and I'll stay there whenever possible when I'm in town.

Rebecca truly deserves the spirit to serve award - she has it and there should be a Rebecca in every Marriott hotel.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Bremen, Bremen, Germany
  • Re: I know I'm going to have a nice stay if Rebecca is around
    laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings, nacho, On behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate this Marriott associate for this important award. We’ll enter this nomination for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nacho Platinum 2 Reviews

Thank you so much! I hope she is going to get the award!

nacho Platinum 2 Reviews

Hi Laura,

Do you know whether Rebecca got the award? I just came back from Bremen and I'm so glad that she is still around. Her hard work has paid off - she is now the Assistant Front Office Manager.

Can I nominate her again if she doesn't win the award? She deserves it!

Thank you!

Greetings, nacho, The process for requesting and presenting the Spirit to Serve award can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months. Because it is at the discretion of the hotel's general manager it is challenging to provide an exact date, however I will check to see if there is an update on Rebecca's nomination. Stay tuned!

Greetings, nacho Thank you again for helping to acknowledge this associate and their outstanding service! As a result of your nomination, this associate has been selected to receive the Marriott Spirit to Serve award. Associates are honored to hear that they exemplify the values instilled by JW Marriott, and it means more knowing the recognition came from you, our valued guest. The actual presentation of the award still may take a few weeks, but it has been confirmed that Rebecca will be receiving her award!

nacho Platinum 2 Reviews

Hi Laura, Thanks a lot! I think Rebecca truly deserves it - I have never seen her look sad or tired - her face is always cheerful and she is energetic with guests. If you look at tripadvisor, her name has been mentioned there too.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...