2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 31, 2016 2:59 PM by toader RSS

The Artisan Hotel D.C in Bogota, or the JW Bogota?

xtopher Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have always stayed at the JW in Bogota which is wonderful, but see there is a new Autograph Collection hotel in the same area. Has anyone stayed there? Thoughts on one vs the other? I am headed there in a couple of weeks & would like an opinion from someone who has tried out both or just the Artisan. Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Bogota, Colombia Autograph Collection The Artisan D.C. Hotel, Autograph Collection
Bogota, Colombia JW Marriott JW Marriott Hotel Bogota
  • Re: The Artisan Hotel D.C in Bogota, or the JW Bogota?
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Excellent question, xtopher!! I'm sure the community will chime in with some feedback!!

Welcome to Insiders!!  My name is Cara, and I am one of the Moderators here, along with deannad, KatieC, lindseyh and joshm.  This community is a great place to share your travel experiences, recommendations and questions.  If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to any of us

We look forward to hearing more from you!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: The Artisan Hotel D.C in Bogota, or the JW Bogota?
    toader Platinum 2 Reviews

Sorry I'm late on this, but just recently stayed at the Artisan DC (AC) hotel in Bogota and can give some perspective.  The JW will give you the full-service experience of the Marriott hotel you are used to, including an executive lounge and drug-sniffing dogs at the entrance.  The Artisan DC is more boutique and definitely is a more quaint experience, including the restaurant, entrance and room design.  I did not personally like the Artisan beds and thought them to be very too firm for my liking, especially compared to the Marriott standard beds.  The rooms were very pleasant and refreshing with the decor and ambiance.  Instead of taking an elevator to a floor with 20+ rooms, you may have only 3-5 rooms per floor depending on the tower where you are located.  Since they are roughly two blocks away from each other, there isn't an advantage for one over the other.

My preference on my next stay would be the JW, mainly due to the bed and executive lounge.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...