16 Replies Latest reply: May 8, 2016 11:32 PM by GoldenBoy RSS

Marriott Credit Card 50K vs 80K bonus points

GoldenBoy Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I got the Marriott credit card a few months ago & got the 50K bonus points. Now they're offering 80K bonus points. Does anyone know if there's a way to get the additional 30K points?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Credit Card 50K vs 80K bonus points
    deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi GoldenBoy,

If you send me a private message with your rewards number and contact information, I can pass your request along to our team to see if there is anything that can be done. Thank you!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

greekbecky Platinum

Would it be possible for me to get the extra 30K as well?  I've seen so many different offers since I joined at the 50K offer, but the 80K shortly thereafter really bothered me as it wasn't long afterwards.  I called Chase at least three times and they just play dumb, its a tad frustrating.

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

Best option would be calling chase or sending a SM. Depending on how long ago you got the card, they may switch the offer but you must meet the requirement for the 80k such as a 3k spend in 3 months, annual fee not waived.

greekbecky Platinum

Its a nice thought to think calling Chase will help, but they don't try at all as they blame it on marketing each time.  I've struck out with them as they give you the runaround...:(.

polar888ca Silver

HI Goldenboy  I have had my card for only one month and am suppose to receive 50 k points.  I have not received them yet.  The offer gets posted on the website for 80 K days after I applied  .  I  am curious to see if you are successful.  I was have already spent over the $3k in just the month. 

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

GoldenBoy , Our team has advised that you should contact Chase bank directly as they do not have access to member's credit card agreements.  If there are other members that have the same question, like polar888ca , you are encouraged to reach out to Chase as well. Best of luck, and thank you for posting!

jimaruba Gold 1 Reviews

Hopefully it works and folks will report back after talking to Chase.

I thought the terms of the deals were diiferent: 50,000 offer had a first year fee waiver and a 1-4 free cert at start. The 80000 offer had no fee waiver

GoldenBoy Platinum

Follow up:  I called Chase this morning & they said " no sorry, it's a highly restrictive offer, we can't convert your card to get the additional points". she went on to explain further that I can refer someone to get the new card and get a 10K bonus.  I mentioned I referred my spouse, who got the new card

, then the Chase rep said "oh you had to refer them through a special link". WTF, whatever!

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

Same thing if you're recommending someone to get a Marriott rewards card.  Go to the link to specifically ask them to sign up and forward it to the person you're intending to invite in order for you and them to get the extra 10K points each for every stay up to 5 in a year.

greekbecky Platinum

Yes, the runaround...sad.

Jsucool76 Gold

Ask for the 70k offer.

70k>80k>50k

50k offer is waived AF ($85) and a category 1-4 certificate year 1 (up to 20k point value)

70k offer is waived AF ($85) and a category 1-4 certificate year 1 (up to 20k point value)

80k offer is paid AF ($85) and NO certificate year 1

with the 50k offer, you're really getting up to 70k points worth of value

with the 70k offer you're really getting up to 90k points of value

and with the 80k offer, I'd say you're really getting like 70k points worth of value (since you need to pay the first year's annual fee).

While members value marriott points at drastically different values, I tend to not use my points unless i either

a) need to (last minute thing I don't have the money for) or

b) if I'm going to get upwards of 1 cent per point in value.

I'll take 10k less points for a free night cert and a waived AF any day of the week.

You should be able to get chase to match the 70k offer (hopefully) as it's available almost year round.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

What a great response.

No use to me as a whiney Brit where our only card is fee-free 10,000 signup and 2 point/£ Marriott, 1/£ non-marriott.

But, seriously, a great response Jsucool76

LuckyCharm$ Gold

With the 80,000 point offer you do get the free night certificate. I referred my friend, she got the certificated and it's good for year round.

702rugbyref Platinum

Not if you are already approved unless you apply for the Business Card.

Jsucool76 Gold

The only way you CAN get them to match an offer is after you've been approved.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...