4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 14, 2015 1:44 PM by phctourist RSS

Complaints about Marriott

jlcphd Member
Currently Being Moderated

I am not sure to whom or how I should proceed with my complaint. My last stay at the Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel & Conference Center for 8 days. I requested to be placed on higher floor we checked in and realized we were placed basically on the first floor, next to an elevator with lots of noisy traffic. My experience was terrible for the price paid. The bed was not well put together, the mattresses would literally flip you up and you fall into the head of the bed as I did twice before I could figure where I could and could not sit on the bed. In addition to that, the bed had this 4 or 5 inch extension on the bed frame that stuck out, but was hidden by the bed skirt. Imagine my surprise when I walk up to bed to climb in and hit this sharp metal frame. I received a 2 1/2 inch cut on my foot. It did not stop there the sink was not working if I ran water it ran straight on the floor as if there was no pipe there, and the hair dryer did not work. I asked about the room and we were told we'd be changed....no luck...asked about the hair dryer and sink it took 6 days into our trip for them to come fix the sink and provide a hair dryer. The housekeeping would come to the room to clean at 0630 and they did not actually change things out. I walked into my room to housekeeping washing out the glasses and dishes in my bathroom sink that had a disconnected pipe. The bed was never fixed and we spent 7 nights on an unstable bed, 6 days with water running all on the floor. Needless to say the week was long and ruined the entire Paris, elopement, conference,and honeymoon experience. We went to eat at the restaurant and we sat there 40 minutes after being seated and no one came to take our order. We left and went to a restaurant on the corner with better service. During breakfast there were only two ladies cleaning tables so it took 30 minutes to be seated for breakfast with a room full of dirty tables until they got them cleaned off. Some people were even moving plates to be able to sit and eat to not have to wait so long. We were offered a seat at another families table because they saw we had been waiting to be seated so long. I expected more from the property and I did not get the experience I hoped for.,

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Paris, France Marriott Hotels & Resorts Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel & Conference Center
  • Re: Complaints about Marriott
    702rugbyref Platinum

Sorry to read this and I am glad I am not staying at this Paris hotel in October.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews
      jlcphd  I'm sorry to hear about your treatment.  You should have complained immediately to the hotel manager and I'm certain that you would have been treated properly

I am astounded at your experience in light of my own experience at this hotel.  I stayed at the Rive Gauche Marriott 18 months ago and was treated like royalty.  We stayed on points for the first 5 days and were comped with a spectacular suite.  Next we went to Amsterdam and then returned to Paris.  This time we were comped with a suite and found a nice bottle of wine waiting for us in our room.

We did have a delay in the restaurant and poor service until I complained to the front desk.  Immediately service straightened out and we were treated to our dinner by management.

The CL was wonderful (one of the best of any Marriott).  Valerie, in guest relations was extraordinarily helpful.

The secret to fixing problems at Marriott is to complain immediately.  Complaining after the fact may get you some satisfaction but it is too late to fix the problem.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Thanks for taking the time to share this, jlcphd. I'd be happy to get you connected with a member of our team if you'd like. Just send me a private message with your Rewards number and contact information and I can get it to the right people.

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

That is horrendous. I am glad you are reaching out to the MRI team to see if they can assist. Your stay was a nightmare but hoping they can help yo reach a resolution.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...