3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 8, 2015 1:59 PM by 702rugbyref RSS

Marriott Gold Elite Free Breakfast in Europe: Courtyards?

asics4381 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I understand that gold/plat elite does not get you free breakfast at Courtyards in the U.S.  However, I just recently stayed at the Courtyard in Budapest City Center, and was pleasantly surprised to find that breakfast was free.  After leaving, I realized I wasn't actually sure if it was because of my Gold status, or some other reason.  I didn't book a "Breakfast Included" rate when i made the reservation.  I will be traveling to a courtyard in Germany next weekend, and was wondering if I can expect the same benefit.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Budapest, Hungary Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Budapest City Center
Wiesbaden, Hessen, Germany Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Wiesbaden-Nordenstadt
  • Re: Marriott Gold Elite Free Breakfast in Europe: Courtyards?
    phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I am Platinum and I've never gotten free breakfast at a CY anywhere in Europe!  (I've stayed a CY in Paris, Prague and Zurich!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Only stayed once at an EU Courtyard, Prague, no free breakfast. I might add my only other Coutyard stay was in Albany NY last month, also no free breakfast. Both clean and well kept hotels with large rooms, though.

fistuk Platinum

As a general practice, Courtyard hotels don't offer complimentary breakfast for gold\platinum members.

However, that depends on the hotel itself: some of them decide to include a complimentary breakfast for gold\platinum members, and that is probably what happened to you in Budapest.

Personally, I also encountered a case where a resort hotel offers complimentary breakfast for gold\platinum members, while in general resorts don't offer that.

So, as I indicated, that is really up to the policy of the hotel itself. Unfortunately, there aren't many of those... 

702rugbyref Platinum

Very nice!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...