4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 12, 2015 8:48 AM by iahflyr RSS

IAH Airport Marriott Reno

jamesdean Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

As most frequent travellers will know there a many hotels (Marriott & others) that are going though upgrades, renovations etc.

The Houston Airport Marriott is currently undergoing a major Reno.

I would like to give a "shout out" to the staff and management of this hotel for making the best of a difficult situation.

Staff were strategically located,very helpful, lots of signage, all in all a very pleasant one night stay, minimal dust and noise. I was sent to one of the newly renovated rooms and they are a hugh upgrade.

While the regular CL was closed they relocated to the upper tower. It was open on weekends with a full buffet breakfast.

I've stayed here many time before and this hotel was long overdue an upgrade, this current reno will transform this property in a major way.

Just one point, they need to institute a recycle program in the rooms for plastic's etc. most hotels already subscribe to this programe. Why not initiate this along with a new look.

JD

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Houston, Texas, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Houston Airport Marriott at George Bush Intercontinental
  • Re: IAH Airport Marriott Reno
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Thanks for sharing, jamesdean

It's nice to hear that a renovation is running so smoothly, especially since it is in a higher traffic area. 

Did the property have any other 'green' options?  I've stayed a couple properties recently that would reward you for opting out of maid service for extended stays. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Yo James, you stay in my area and never tell me when you're in town.....tisk tisk tisk.

This hotel has been in a need of major upgrades for a number of years, glad it is going well.  Funny thing is the Houston Airport System has at one point a Master Plan for expanding of the terminal that called for the Marriott to be torn down and built someplace else near the airport not necessarily connected to the terminals as it is today.

Always loved staying there regardless when getting into town late at at night having the flight attendants over serving us to the point we could not or did not want to drive home.

jamesdean Platinum 1 Reviews

Sorry IAHFLYR, it was a short turn, but next time 4 sure, drinks on me!!!

I did notice a lot of Flight Crew, United mostly Pilots & FA's. Great hotel for them being so handy, mind you not much to do on their overbites at an airport.

Im glad they changed their mind about putting the wrecking ball to the Hotel, that would have been a real shame to take it away from the Terminal. Looks like common sense prevailed on that decision.

JD

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

No, you're in my town I buy the drinks in the revolving roof place!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...