6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 14, 2015 1:50 PM by 702rugbyref RSS

Florence Italy AC

memoran Platinum 7 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

i am planning a trip to Florence for my husband and myself in the spring. Has anyone staid at one of the AC hotels in Florence? From the web site I cannot tell if they are close to the historical sites in terms of being able to walk to and from? Also can you let me know how AC is in terms of a brand compared to other Marriott hotels?

• Re: Florence Italy AC
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Great question for the Community, memoran!!

Have you checked out these threads:

Re: Italy

Italy, Tuscany - Il Ciocco, Barga, Cinque Terre, Florence, Lucca, Pisa

(Above is a photo album that has great information in the comment thread)

Only one hotel option in Florence with Marriott, thoughts?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Well, memoran, it looks like carat beat me too it, but, yes, we did stay at the Florence AC last summer, and it was perfectly satisfactory (although nothing like the idyllic Renaissance Il Ciocco up in the hills)...

After dropping the family at the AC, I dropped off my rental car at the airport (not too far, not terribly confusing), and took an inexpensive taxi back to the hotel.  The major museums downtown are walk-able from the hotel, and the walk along the river (and the Ponto Vecchio) is quite nice.  (Having said that, our friends stayed in a boutique in the center of the city, so there are plenty of places closer to the center of things.)

On the positive side, the rooms were what I would consider high-end, stylish, modern, comfortable, and fully satisfactory for a business traveler.  (These are not tiny/cramped euro rooms with poor lighting and substandard bathrooms.)  The lobby is institutional (but comfortable) and the location is quirky (basically next to train tracks), but I'd stay there again without hesitation....

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

702rugbyref Platinum

This is incredibly timely since my wife and I are in Florence in October. Thanks Phil

702rugbyref Platinum

Very timely indeed as my wife and I are planning on a trip to Florence ourselves in October. Look forward to this thread. Cheers

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

The Marriott Hotel (an affiliate, AC Hotel) in Florence is not too close to the historical area of Florence. I would suggest it's a taxi ride from both the train station as well.

It's not a Marriott, but if you want something closer to main tourist attractions, such as the Piazza Signoria, Accademia,  and the Ponete Vecchio, Galleria D. Uffizi, etc.  you might look up this hotel:

http://www.hoteldellasignoria.com  or send email: info@hoteldellasignoria.com

Also, you might want to contact the Marriott AC hotel and see if they might offer shuttle to Piazza Signoria area.

Or, if you'd like to explore the heart of Tuscany, I'd suggest the Locanda La Mandragola in San Gimignano, about 45 minutes south of Florence. http://www.locandalamandragola.it  * This is a small B&B in heart of the village, and we've stayed there several times. It's a great place to visit Montepulchiano, Sienna, Montalcino, Lucca, etc.

By the way, if you're into designer clothes and shoes, there's an outlet mall for these near Incisa Val d' Argo, just off the Autostrada, SE of Florence.

Fred

702rugbyref Platinum

You always provide valuable intel. Thanks!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...