13 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2016 10:34 AM by GoldenBoy RSS

Marriott property worldwide location wishlist

mrmom9997 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Where else in the world do you want to see a Marriott property?  I was in Athens a few weeks back and found out the only Marriott property is no longer Marriott and I ended up at the Hilton.  And then last week when I was in Hiroshima, I had to stay at the Sheraton since there was not a Marriott there.  And for my destination this Friday in Auckland, there is no Marriott. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott property worldwide location wishlist
    702rugbyref Platinum

Athens is my first choice only because I have family/friends to stay with in Auckland.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

greekbecky Platinum

I've not been to the Athens Marriott in years as I stay with family, but when I did, it looked like it needed a bit of help in the renovation area.

GoldenBoy Platinum

I stayed in Athens 2 years ago, when the Ledra Hotel just got dismissed by Marriott. The staff there said they were really going to miss being managed by Marriott .  Athens or Mykonos would be nice.  Is there still a Renaissance in Tel Aviv?  I used to stay at the Renaissance Beverly Hills & Renaissance Hollywood, but they got rid of both of those too!   Very disappointing.

Perhaps once the merger with Starwood is complete in the next year, this will open up many more options.   For instance, I was looking at going to Peru next year & there's a CY and a JW in Lima, but I noticed 3 or 4 additional properties in Lima  from Starwood, like Sheratons. There is also a JW in Cuzco. How about a Marriott brand near Machu Picchu?  So there'll hopefully be many more exciting opportunities upcoming with Starwood

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

Agree with all of your suggestions.  Also on my list:

US National Parks - would be nice to have Marriott choices near Glacier, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Grand Canyon, etc.

Michigan Upper Peninsula

Wisconsin Dells

Need a luxury property in Minneapolis such as JW or RC

More beach properties on Gulf Coast or FL or in FL keys

More/better properties on Oahu and Hawaii Big Island

More options in Australia and NZ - Cairns/Great Barrier Reef, etc.

American Samoa?  Sure!  Why not?  Also, more in South Pacific, generally.

Hollywood, CA

Malibu, CA - actually, more beach properties in CA

Beach resort in San Diego would be nice - I mean ON the beach, not nearby

Marriotts on property at major airports (like the one at ATL that you can get to on the plane train) without hotels would be nice - CLT, MSP, ORD (ok, ORD has a Hilton, but it's always full so why not a Marriott, too?)

Actually more properties on the beach, generally

More MVCI options in Caribbean and major cities would be nice

702rugbyref Platinum

Being a regular (5-7 stays per year) in San Diego, I vote for a beach front property! I am staying at the Catamaran in October for meetings and the group of 30 rooms reserved by someone else unfortunately, was the choice as most attendees are land-locked and wanted to be near the water.

77paris Platinum 17 Reviews

You are right about the lack of beach properties on the Gulf Coast, specifically the Florida Panhandle.  In my experience, Marriott properties actually on the beach were run down and did not meet my standards. 

I am happy to say that we just spent a couple of days @ the newly remodeled SpringHill Suites on Pensacola Beach.  It is fresh, beautifully "beachy" and has outstanding views of the Gulf - white sand & turquoise water.   We were in a corner King suite, very spacious.  Typical, but nice buffet breakfast, great guest service overall.  We even enjoyed the Blue Angels practicing from our big balcony - spectacular sight! 

GoldenBoy Platinum

77paris I was fortunate enough to stay at the CY Galveston, right by the Gulf.  Rooms were updated & the pool has a rock waterfall/grotto, one of the nicest I've seen for a CY, but I think they share the pool with the SHS next door!  Regardless, it was a nice stay

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

While we're at it, I wish Marriott had check-in/check-out kiosks like Hyatt has.  I hate standing in line.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Great thread topic, Fulcan, thanks for posting this. I agree, New Zealand would be amazing! I also think Iceland would be a great location.

702rugbyref Platinum

I love NZ and Iceland is on my list so please get one there soon! Thanks!

greekbecky Platinum

Haha, I just voted for Iceland on the other thread...great minds think alike!

I wish it was before 2018 though, because that's a long time to wait to visit a beautiful place like that and, with the heightened interest in Iceland, it might makes sense to push the deadline for completion up the chain a bit.

Maybe management will hear our voices?

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

For Reference a similar thread was posted last year...Where should Marriott open a Future Hotel?

https://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/100194#100194

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

Jerusalem no longer has a Marriott property and the entire country of Israel has only 2.  I would love to see a new Marriott hotel in Jerusalem.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...