10 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2016 7:10 PM by travelfarandwide RSS

Citizen Hotel in Sacramento now a Marriott Property?

gopadres Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I recently heard from some staff at the Citizen hotel they've been bought out by Marriott.

I haven't see anything online about a Marriott acquisition of this property.

Can anyone from Marriott confirm?

Hoping it's true.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Sacramento, California, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park
  • Re: Citizen Hotel in Sacramento now a Marriott Property?
    702rugbyref Platinum

That would be nice. I stayed at the Midtown CY a few weeks back and was not overly impressed.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

gopadres Thanks for the post! I will reach out to our contacts at Marriott and report back. Stay tuned!

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hey gopadres,

We heard back from the team and, currently, they do not have any information nor have been made aware of an acquisition or conversion of the Citizen hotel. We requested that the team keep us posted on this, and will inform you as well as the rest of the community if we hear something different, or are provided an update!

whtcldjd Gold

the citizen is now a marriott property, part of the autograph collection.  last week, i made a reservation at the citizen for a stay later this month on the joie de vivre website.  today, they are no longer listed as a hotel on joie de vivre.  i called to confirm my reservation and they confirmed they were now a marriott property.

here is a link: The Citizen Hotel, Autograph Collection: Sacramento Unique Hotels

702rugbyref Platinum

Great intel...thanks

travelfarandwide Platinum 6 Reviews

I just stayed here about a week ago. Great facility, good service. The only quirk right now is the phone number listed on the property page at Marriott is actually a disconnected number

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...