19 Replies Latest reply: Aug 20, 2015 11:53 PM by newhiltonmembr RSS

Courtyard - Montpellier, France

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Well, this is irritating... 3rd try.... keeps deleting my text when I add a photo.

Anyway...

Stayed at the Courtyard Montpellier recently.

Clean hotel and room, secured underground parking, and a good restaurant (I usually don't eat at the hotel but it had been a long day and I didn't feel like looking for a restaurant and trudging there).  Did get a free glass of wine with dinner.  A few tram stops away from the Old City.

Asked for an upgrade and was told I was upgraded to a king exec room.... you judge by the pics if it's an upgrade!

I will have to add additional pics in subsequent posts due to my opening statement.

P1060066.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Montpellier, France Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Montpellier
  • Re: Courtyard - Montpellier, France

P1060067.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

P1060068.JPG

P1060069.JPG

My ground floor patio area

P1060070.JPG

No privacy from your neighbors!

P1060071.JPG

The chocolate-covered almonds broke out of the plastic container and melted all over the inner flap of my briefcase.  It was hot, hot, hot during my vacation!!!

P1060072.JPG

P1060073.JPG

P1060074.JPG

Hairdryer in the hall closet across from the bathroom?  A bit strange since you can't completely remove it from the closet! 

P1060075.JPG

P1060076.JPG

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Thanks for taking the time to share this experience, newhiltonmembr, and sorry to hear that it was less than perfect! If you'd like, I can get you in touch with our customer care team to discuss the matter. Just private message me your Rewards number and contact information.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

newhiltonmembr,

E    Excellent information!  Wish The CY had been there on my last visit!

However, if you are a "Golfer", there is a wonderful place nearby:

FH050021.jpg

FH050022.jpg

Great Pastry shop in town, not far from golf course!

FH050023.jpg

This is a chain dining place, but very friendly to tourists, and very reasonably priced.  Enjoy, if in Montpellier!

Thanks, Jerry. jerrycoin

Great pics that you posted.

newhiltonmembr,

Thank-you!

Especially for reminding all of us about the beauty of this section of France.  It is another wonderful place to visit!

Thanks, Jerry!

I will post a link to my photos after I get through the editing process.  It is a very beautiful area!!!!

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Hi newhiltonmembr, This is a unique looking Courtyard, for sure.  Would you stay there again in the event of a return visit to Montpellier? 

About your posting problem, I encountered the exact same problems when I upgraded from IE9 to IE11. Since then, I can only post (multiple photos sandwiched between text) to Insiders using Chrome or Safari.

Hi Pluto77, pluto77

Yes, I would stay at that hotel again if using a free night or points (I was using a free night on this stay).  I would have to check the price if I was paying to see if it was worth it vs. another hotel closer to where I spent my time.   It was a good hotel, the only downside is having to take the tram to and from the old town.

Thanks much, Pluto77!  Using Chrome on my new Aix en Provence posting worked!

Many thanks!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

WOW, great pics and even better that you finally got to post them. 

My question is, how does jerrycoin have pictures of almost every location in the world with him or Mrs. Coin front and center?    HMMM maybe USA Network is making a series about Jerry C and Marriott across the world?

IAHFLYR,

Would you believe, I get lost a lot?  Likewise, have a terrible memory, and have to take a picture to "Identify" who's in the photo?

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I believe...."prescribed meds" are wonderful!!

Awesome

Thanks!  I will get to Aix and Nice hotels pics pretty soon hopefully.  I took over 1600 pics so it is taking a while to get through them.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...