8 Replies Latest reply: Sep 6, 2015 10:42 AM by MarSteelFan RSS

Springfield Va Marriott properties

MarSteelFan Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Making a trip to Springfield Va shortly and I am interested in knowing which Marriott properties are worth staying at there.

Thanks in advance

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Springfield, Virginia, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Springfield
Springfield, Virginia, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Springfield Old Keene Mill
Springfield, Virginia, USA TownePlace Suites By Marriott TownePlace Suites Springfield
  • Re: Springfield Va Marriott properties
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

MarSteelFan,

I have not stayed in the Springfield VA area before but have stayed at many other Marriott properties in Northern Va.  Of the three listed for Springfield I would lean towards the Residence Inn.  It ranked higher in reviews on both Marriott's website and Trip Advisor.   The Residence Inn has free breakfast and evening socials on select nights.  At Courtyard you would earn more points for your stay but breakfast is not included.

If you don't mind a small commute you may also consider the Falls Church Marriott in Fairview Park.  It's located about 6 miles from Springfield and as a Gold Member you would have access to their Concierge Lounge.  I have stayed at this hotel many times and have always been treated well.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

MarSteelFan Platinum

Currently at the RI thinking of moving to the CY for my next 2 stays ( 2 wks Sun-Thurs company wont pay for Fri and Sat).just to maximize the points

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Be sure to report back which property you liked the best.

MarSteelFan Platinum

RI is better see my more verbose reply below!

jjulian Platinum

Stay at the Residence Inn Keene Mill.  The folks working there are very nice.  Free on-sight parking, walking distance to a Trader Joes.  Very convenient to the highway. The breakfast and evening social/mix are nice.

MarSteelFan Platinum

After 4 wks or so I would have to agree

MarSteelFan Platinum

Ok so I'm sorry for the delay butt..........

So far I have been staying at the RI on backlick rd in Springfield. While I have a few quibbles, most of which everyone has, this is a fantastic hotel. Granted I have been there for close to a month but the staff is great, friendly and I really like it.

I had toyed with moving to the CY to maximize the pts but I did stay there once in June and I believe the point differance is to compensate for the amenities difference. The room was smaller, not even a mini fridge, and a few other things.

In summary, If pts are importent to you, or its just 1 or 2 nights, go CY.  If comfort is important or wk or longer stays IMO it makes sense to use the RI.

Again if you are there be sure to go to Mike's American grill its just a 2 blk walk from the RI!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...