5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 11, 2015 10:30 AM by 702rugbyref RSS

Rewards points to airline points??

ditrina Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

Some times the website gets REALLY frustrating..

I am trying to find out what is the exchange rate is when transferring rewards points to an airline partner?  I have been told over the phone that it 1:1 but cannot find a hard "copy"  of the exchange rate on the web site.  I have a European trip planned in 2016 and an looking to purchase airline tickets with points or point and cash..

Thank for the help and guidance.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Rewards points to airline points??
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

ditrina

Welcome to Insiders!  Unfortunately Marriott reward points do not transfer to airline miles at a 1:1 ratio.  Here is a link to the current exchange rate:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/usepoints/morerew.mi

You will notice that converting to United miles will give you the best value due to their partnership with Marriott called RewardsPlus.  You may also want to consider a travel package which includes a 7 night Marriott certificate plus airline miles.  You do not have to use them at the same time.  Here is a link to the travel package options:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/usepoints/morepack.mi

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

702rugbyref Platinum

Very on the ball. The packages seem to be the best value but I just skimmed it in reality.Does not help me with AA Platinum so I will keep on collecting, at least for now.

curiousone Platinum

So, if you look at Travel Packages the United is better than 1:1 with their bonus. Airpackages 1 and 3 are 1:1. Airpackages 2 and 4 are less than 1:1. Note that airpackage 3 (Southwest) if you elect to transfer 120,000 points this will qualify you for a free companion pass. SWA companion pass is good for the balance of the year you obtain it and the FULL FOLLOWING YEAR. I did a SWA companion pass for my wife in Jan 2015 and she flies free with me until Dec. 31, 2016.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Looking into confirmation around this, ditrina! Stay tuned.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hello, ditrina. With the help of our team and lindseyh, we've found that the points and miles are not 1:1. 

vaboywnder, was correct., the break down of Points to Miles is provided in the link below. 

Travel Rewards Programs | Travel and Airline Rewards from Marriott

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...