5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2009 6:10 PM by nuhusker RSS

JW Marriott Atlanta

travelperfect Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I stayed for 3 nights and had to request my credits for the stay.  After two requests, I called Marriott Rewards directly.  The Customer Service rep was rude.  She stated "Your stay was billed to a Master Account so you don't get credit."  So I don't get credit nor did the company get credit on its Master Account.  Sounds like the only company benefiting is Marriott since it didn't have to give any night credits.  It shouldn't matter who paid for the room since my Marriott Rewards number was on the reservation.  It is hard enough in these economic times to travel enough to have an elite status.  Why make it harder by more rules.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: JW Marriott Atlanta
    srtinnro Platinum

That's pretty lame.  I am just curious...is your company corporate card issued in your name?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

If you opted in for e-mail confirmation of your reservation examine the rate, terms and cancellation policy. If the information supports your claim, as a hunch tells me it will - forward the reservation e-mail with a cover note to Customer.Care@Marriott.com. Subject:  Possible Accounting Glitch Confirmation #12345678. In the message body, recap what you posted, including names of individuals you spoke with.  Customer Care will e-mail you back with a tracking number and a promise to resolve in 5 to 7 days.

Marriott is an organization of franchisees and there is turnover. There is the outside chance what you experienced is merely an accounting glitch.  Unfortunately it does happen, but Marriott prefers to make things right and will comp you for the inconvenience.  Just be patient.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Accounting glitches and employee turnover don't justify rudeness from the customer service rep as reported by travelperfect.

learjetpilot Platinum 2 Reviews

I couldn't agree with you more.  I'm currently arguing with M.R. about room nights credited at Courtyard Hotels. Previously, I received credit for two nights (one for each room) since I reserve and pay for both rooms.  Now, they want to limit the number of nights stayed to only one - even though I'm the one that makes the decision to stay at a Marriott, I make the reservations & I pay for the rooms. What difference does it make as long as I'm the one buying two rooms?  Why would Marriott want limit this?  I thought the purpose of a rewards program is to generate repeat business and goodwill.  Well, you won't do it this way!

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Learjetpilot -- it's my understanding that you can earn points for up to 3 rooms, one of which you, the platinum member must physically stay in.  In the case of CY, you earn points only for room rate plus 200 points for your platinum welcome gift.  You only get the nights stayed credit for the room you actually occupied, not the additional room(s).  Check out the T&C.  That's how I read it anyway.  Good luck.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...