1 2 3 9 Previous Next 122 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2016 10:25 AM by ks77 Branched to a new discussion. RSS

We're Into August With 2016 Just Around the Corner!  Any plans for 2016?

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We're starting to plan for next year.  For our 50th wedding anniversary we'll probably be heading to Half Moon Bay and San Francisco.  We are also considering a family gathering in LA in the spring and will probably make a trip or two to Rehoboth Beach DE.  At some point during the year, I'm certain that we'll hit NYC for a few days. 

What plans do you have for the year?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Half Moon Bay, California, USA The Ritz-Carlton
New York, New York, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts
Los Angeles, California,
San Francisco-Oakland-Richmond/Berkeley, California, USA
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, USA
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Salt Lake City Airport
  • 1. Re: We're Into August With 2016 Just Around the Corner!  Any plans for 2016?
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Lots of places in the work, though nothing firmed up yet. Trying to decide which ones will make the cut. Here are the possibilities so far.

• Atlanta and on down to Panama city, FL in early January
    • New Orleans in late February
    • Nashville, Memphis, and Jackson (MS) in either April or May
    • Cedar Rapids and on to Kansas City in either April or May (dependent on the line above)

That's as far ahead as I've thought. I'd like to get out to Denver, Seattle, Houston, and Minneapolis. Whether any of those happen next year is hard to guess right now. Frankly, it's hard to guess if all the ones on the list above will happen, let alone in the order listed.

If this year is any indication, not all the planned trips will happen and several that weren't contemplated will take place.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 2. Re: We're Into August With 2016 Just Around the Corner!  Any plans for 2016?
    Platinum 28 Reviews

I will spend time the next few months determining what "useless information" I have left to pass on to all my friends on MRI.

In addition to that I will continue to try and raise sarcasm to new levels.

With apologies in advance of 2016

MC

• 3. Re: We're Into August With 2016 Just Around the Corner!  Any plans for 2016?
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Great thread!! Can't wait to hear the responses from the community!!

Is it just me, or do threads like these make your travel bucket lists longer?

• 4. Re: We're Into August With 2016 Just Around the Corner!  Any plans for 2016?
    clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

I have my usual conference at the World Center in Orlando in January.  That conference is what got me to sign up for MR in the first place.  I stay at Sabal Palms or Royal Palms instead of the hotel.  I'm booked at Royal Palms this year.  Then I've got a stay at DFW in the adjacent Hyatt because Spouse refuses to stay "off campus".  Then a week at Aruba Surf Club to use my MVCI points, then an overnight at the Charlotte, NC, Renaissance on the way back from that, thanks to AA routing us through CLT instead of MIA or ORD which are the usual suspects.  Maybe a March stay in NY for a conference there, and I've tentatively booked the Lexington for that .  Alternatively, I might try a different conference in LV in March at the Cosmopolitan, depending on how things go.  Then maybe Marquis in NY over Easter break, even though I don't really like that hotel.  It should work well for the family because the rooms are large and have sofa sleepers.  And we are planning Australia with the kids for 2017 so never too early to plan for that type of trip.  And we must never discount the possibility of UA stranding me in DEN or ORD   Plus we will spend some time at our second house which sometimes requires an overnight close to whichever airport we fly in or out of since second house is not near any major airports and even the small airport nearest is not very close.

• 5. Re: We're Into August With 2016 Just Around the Corner!  Any plans for 2016?
    doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews

boston new york and pheonix are all on the cards next year for me with a later australia trip in the making at the moment although the austrailia trip will not involve any marriott hotels

• 6. Re: We're Into August With 2016 Just Around the Corner!  Any plans for 2016?
    jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

hawaii cruise

• 7. Re: We're Into August With 2016 Just Around the Corner!  Any plans for 2016?
    phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

KC and Memphis are BBQ paradise!   I've enjoyed eating in those two cities, immensely!  New Orleans is great any time the weather is not too warm so February should be a wonderful time!

• 8. Re: We're Into August With 2016 Just Around the Corner!  Any plans for 2016?
    razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

If only I had a crystal ball........We still don't have any travel plans for the rest of 2015 and I haven't begun to think about 2016 yet. 

• 9. Re: We're Into August With 2016 Just Around the Corner!  Any plans for 2016?
    clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

What are you planning for Australia?  We are torn between using MR points for a flight/hotel package, using MVCI points at the new MVCI at Surfers Paradise, doing a Qantas vacation or possibly going on Air New Zealand with a stop in Auckland (or some combination of the above).  The trick will be to somehow get an upgrade to business class or to find affordable business class seats as Spouse refuses to fly coach for 16 hours

• 10. Re: We're Into August With 2016 Just Around the Corner!  Any plans for 2016?
    702rugbyref Platinum

Chile Sanitago and Easter Island for sure...maybe Olympics in Rio.

• 11. Re: We're Into August With 2016 Just Around the Corner!  Any plans for 2016?
    ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

Headed to Scrub Island in February!!!  We have been going to St Thomas the past few years and thought we would try something different.  We can't wait to go; will be especially nice to escape the winter weather!!!!! (Hopefully winter not as bad as last year!!!! I can do without all that snow!!!!)

• 12. Re: We're Into August With 2016 Just Around the Corner!  Any plans for 2016?
    jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

As of right now, Vegas as soon as the next dates for EDC 2016 are released. Will most likely stick with Residence inn Hughes center since it was perfect this year.

• 13. Re: We're Into August With 2016 Just Around the Corner!  Any plans for 2016?
    702rugbyref Platinum

I think EDC is June 14-20 in 2016 so the big weekend is 17-20...I think

• 14. Re: We're Into August With 2016 Just Around the Corner!  Any plans for 2016?
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

You're going to love Scrub Island!!!

1 2 3 9 Previous Next