17 Replies Latest reply: Jul 21, 2016 7:56 AM by psudad RSS

The Lexington, New York City

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I spent a night at The Lexington, Autograph Collection. Great room, great service. My stay and points for my room posted to my account..BUT, the restaurant charges were not given MR points credit. If I'm reading correctly, dollars spent in the restaurant should receive credit, right?  Any other MR Insiders have an issue here?

carat, can you give a clarification as to points earned at Autograph Collections?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York, New York, USA Autograph Collection The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection
New York City, New York, USA
  • Re: The Lexington, New York City
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

My last Autograph stay was at The Henry in Dearborn, MI where I received points for my restaurant purchase.

I read the rules the same way. You should get credit for restaurant charges. Why you didn't is an issue worth following up.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hold tight, I will definitely take a look into this painedplatinum. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, I've been wanting to check out that property for a little while now.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi painedplatinum, carat and team looked into this, and confirmed that if the restaurant charges were billed to the room and the restaurant was Marriott owned, then you are able to earn points for dollars spent.  If you need any further assistance with this, feel free to reach out to customer care, or send us your contact info and Rewards number via private message and we can patch you through to a member of the team.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

When we stayed at the Marriott NY East Side last year, they didn't post points for our dining spend either.  A call to c/s took care of it.

What show did you guys decide to see?

curiousone Platinum

This post caused me to check my account from my stay at the Brown Palace (Autograph) this last weekend. We stayed on points and spent $88+ in the restaurant. I was credited 2930 based points + 1465 elite points and 500 extra points instead of a $10 account credit. Not sure how $88 turned into 2930 points, but I am happy to take them!

curiousone Platinum

This post caused me to check my account after our stay at the Brown Palace (Autograph) this last weekend. We paid for the room with points and spent $88+ in the restaurant. I was credited 2930 base points with 1465 elite points and the 500 points I took on check in. I am not sure how $88 turned into 2930 points, but I am happy to take them!

curiousone Platinum

This post caused me to check my account after our stay at the Brown Palace (Autograph) this last weekend. We paid for the room with points and spent $88+ in the restaurant. I was credited 2930 base points with 1465 elite points and the 500 points I took on check in. I am not sure how $88 turned into 2930 points, but I am happy to take them!

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

I booked two rooms at The Lexington for a weekend in July.  Wanted to stay at the Algonquin again, since we really enjoyed our last visit - and their neighbors (Daniel Boulud's db Bistro and Kellari Taverna) but we needed one of the rooms to have two beds and there are no rooms with two beds in the entire hotel.  So, we are booked at The Lexington.  I like the old NYC classic hotels.  Hopefully, we will be equally thrilled with this one.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

psudad,

I've now spent eleven nights over three stays at the Lexington. Each time I received a great room with two bathrooms. I only need one, but it's the thought that counts.  The rooms were spacious and modern in detail.

I also have spent five nights at the Carlton Hotel (Autograph). Great people, very tired room. Size wise it was fine, but it is in dire need of updating.

Good luck at the Lex!

Called The Lexington yesterday, to ask if they had a concierge lounge and if they would be serving breakfast there or provide it in the restaurant for Gold (and Platinum) Elites.  Was disappointed to be informed they indeed have a lounge but it is closed on the weekends and they do not provide breakfast to Gold/Platinums.  Instead, they offer points.

j&c Platinum

I can confirm The Lexington Concierge Lounge serves breakfast on weekdays from our mid-week stay in March. We love staying here! Great location, wonderfully helpful staff! Do ask for what perks they can offer you!

Wonderful breakfast places next door to the Lexington (connected to hotel) and right across the street. Starbucks in the lobby. A quick walk away is our favorite spot for "eggs on a Kaiser," the 47 Gourmet Deli/Market on 47th btwn 6th and 7th (next door to Night Hotel). A small market with 2 tables for 4 and short order cook in back who can create whatever you want! C

Location Brand Hotel
      New York City, New York, USA

Thanks, J&C.  Also looked and found several Pret a Manger within a block or two, a diner three blocks away and a Pain Quotidien about two blocks away.  So, between these and yours, we should be good.  We keep breakfast light, anyway, to make room for lunch and dinner!

j&c Platinum

psudad, Do check in with the Concierge! We were headed to West Village for Rich to Riches rice pudding but felt we "needed" dinner first. Our favorite lunch place - Parisi Bakery - closes by 4, or when they run out of lunch, so we hoped for a great suggestion. Fish on 280 Bleeker @ Jones for 2 different bowls of excellent chowder was the perfect before! 

Carve out a moment or two to grab a coffee or cocktail and enjoy people watching from the comfort of the lobby C

Thanks, J&C.  Good advice.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...