26 Replies Latest reply: Sep 19, 2015 5:57 PM by lenabrian RSS

MARRIOTT REWARDS RANKED #1

702rugbyref Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Congratulations to Marriott Rewards program for being ranked #1 on the very popular travel website THEPOINTSGUY (TPG).

I have shared a link below for people to easily find and read. They also rank the best rewards program for airlines. Keep in mind that everyone's situation is different and in my case, I get upgraded on over 90% of my flights with USAirways and American Airlines so my perks are much better based on my airline status with these two. I think a couple days ago, I posted an article where it provided various rewards points values and that generated a very good discussion as well where some folks shared how they valued their points and accrual methods.

Best wishes and I am glad I am part of a #1 team for a change! WHOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!! Phil

http://thepointsguy.com/2015/08/usnwr-rewards-program-rankings/

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: MARRIOTT REWARDS RANKED #1
    702rugbyref Platinum

OH, BTW, MR was ranked #1 in 2014 as well.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

WOOHOO! Thanks for sharing, 702rugbyref! This is very exciting news!

702rugbyref Platinum

I am actually proud of this ranking and since I joined back in December, about 90% of my stays have been with Marriott which total in the high 80s already. There maybe better experiences, properties, etc out there but I think the availability, positive people including customer service, has made it to where I make it my #1 preferred chain.

Platinum 28 Reviews

What you are saying (affectionately)  "we only complain, criticize, and make fun of the ONE WE LOVE!"

702rugbyref Platinum

That is what I tell the wife and kids! Love hurts - tough love even more. Maybe it is passion?

myannadog1 Silver 2 Reviews

Just travelled west (Idaho) to Maine -- stayed in, Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa, PA, NY, VT, ME all on points -- never had a problem (2 nights were on IHG -- Holiday Inn, et al).  Treated all the way just like 'paying customers'!

702rugbyref Platinum

All beautiful spots but favorite ID and WY for sure.

Yup -- that's why I abandoned I-95 (Connecticut) and landed in ID.  I can go back anytime I really miss the traffic and all the people!  Headed to Jackson Hole or maybe Sun Valley this week-end..

702rugbyref Platinum

Now see that is my thinking! I grew up in Eastern Canada but I love the west coast mountains. Both spots are awesome. I am taking my lab to South Eastern Utah this weekend for hiking and camping. HE will be in heaven for sure.

#1 is a good thing!

brooklynlobster Silver

#1. I finally.  Pick.  The right. Company

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I also consider Marriott #1.  I previously belonged to 4 other programs and none of them have seen any activity from me during the last three years.  I barely travel enough to get platinum with Marriott by traveling (mostly) to destinations where I can find a Marriott property.  I decided,several years ago, to concentrate my stays with one company so I could get perks like Platinum and Marriott clearly offered the best program!

This year I shall reach an all time high with about 85 nights credit,

Next year, I'll need those rollover nights to reach Platinum since I plan to take a vacation using points for about half the nights. 

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

In all my years of staying at Marriott properties, I can count on one hand a few bad experiences I encountered.  Otherwise, my stays have been positive, and even better since attaining platinum status. 

theolejudge Gold 4 Reviews

Hi muppetwrangler!

I, like you, have not had bad experiences with Marriott (some better than others), but, overall I find Marriott the best.  In some places I travel Marriott does not have a property, so I stay elsewhere--and there are other good properties but the older I get I like one brand, if available, and Marriott is that brand...............Ole Bill

702rugbyref Platinum

I still am enjoying my new preferred partner for sleeping :-)

Platinum 28 Reviews

702rugbyref

Does you new partner have a sister???

702rugbyref Platinum

lol...I wish!...she maybe called Hyatt if things change.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

hyatt sounds like a good irish name

rproesch Platinum 1 Reviews

Wow.

rproesch Platinum 1 Reviews

What's amazing is that Hilton doesn't even hit the top 5 and Wynham with a relatively new program is #2.

lenabrian Platinum

I love Marriott.  This year; I have stayed 205 nights in Marriott hotels.  Now they are no longer giving us points because we are business travelers.  They have been doing it for the past 8 years that I have been traveling but when contacting them about a stay not posting that was the reason that I received back.  I stayed there the prior week and the stay was posted to my account.....   It is time to give the $45,000-$60,000 a year to another hotel program; I guess!

It is travel for business that keeps a ton of these hotels in business!  We are the people voting for a lot of these awards! 

jt15550 Platinum

That has to be because of the method by which your company/agency is booking the rooms, right?  That's certainly not a Marriott (or any other brand) thing.

Did anyone click on the link?  I'm going to be adding the Scrub Island Marriott to my list of 2016 vacation destinations, that's for sure...

lenabrian Platinum

It is booked direct.

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

I think it depends on who is paying for it. If you are on business and paying for the room and then expensing it back, there's no reason you shouldn't get credit. But if your company is paying for it directly then you will likely not get credit. The company usually negotiates a rate for them that includes a discount because no points are being issued.

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

I think it depends on who is paying for it. If you are on business and paying for the room and then expensing it back, there's no reason you shouldn't get credit. But if your company is paying for it directly then you will likely not get credit. The company usually negotiates a rate for them that includes a discount because no points are being issued.

lenabrian Platinum

My points for this past week have now posted so I think maybe there was just a glitch with the earlier week.  I submitted another missing stay request for that week just to see what happens...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...