25 Replies Latest reply: Aug 25, 2015 2:01 PM by eb5147 RSS

Great service, but bed bug bites?

yosof Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Great service, great staff. But, I got bed bug bites. :-(

I'm not sure what to do, as the property seems like it's also in need of refurbishing. No complaints other than that I'm itching quite badly. :-\

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Great service, but bed bug bites?
    702rugbyref Platinum

WHERE? YIKES!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Platinum 28 Reviews

@yosof

Dear Sir:  YOU HAVE AN OBLIGATION TO THE COMMUNITY TO REVEAL THE PROPERTY!!!!

702rugbyref Platinum

Ugghhh...can you imagine! My wife would FLIP!

KatieC Member

Hi yosof - We definitely don't like to see this. Can you send me a private message with the details of your stay so we can look into this for you?

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

Bed Bugs have been seen a lot more lately.  It is becoming more uncomfortable to stay in hotels.

Could you please check why Marriott has removed luggage racks from the rooms when they say to prevent getting them in your suitcases, keep them off the floor.  I have been staying in Hiltons lately and they have them.

yosof Platinum 1 Reviews

I did notice that there were no luggage racks... I forgot to request them - I was a bit stunned that it was a full service Marriott and they said they didn't have slippers. The carpeting was indeed old..

Received a nice upgrade, otherwise though.

--

How are bed bugs generally dealt with, especially with Marriott properties that could really use refurbishing? I don't like the trend of bed bugs becoming more common - here I thought I was just unlucky twice this year. (42 nights so far - most were bug-free)

I actually had another stay in early June with bed bugs too - but this was at a certain luxury property that was closing in July, due to not having been renovated for 26 years. It was at a great rate, and again, the staff was great. They loved their property and were sad that it was closing.

Not sure how to deal with these situations - they tried their best, given limited resources?

KatieC Member

Looking into all of this (thanks for the message, yosof). Thank you for bringing this to our attention and apologies for the inconvenience.

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

I don't really call that an inconvenience, do you really?

Inconvenience is just PC, as is asking for a private message.  No help to the guests at all, for whom there is a responsibility.

yosof Platinum 1 Reviews

I've withheld hotel names because I'm usually on this site to complain about inordinately bad service - or safety issues that affect the entire property (such as windows that open upwards so high that people can [and nearly did] fall out the window when trying to open the window). The staff were excellent and my stay great otherwise - except for the bites.

My post was primarily asking about what Marriott's policy was, especially for properties that really need to be refurbished. (That and also - what's with the omission of slippers in full service Marriott properties that have super old carpeting?)

For the record: 

San Mateo Marriott - last weekend (I've stayed at this property several times already.)

Ritz Carlton Phoenix - mid June (first time and last - the hotel has now closed, sadly...)

Platinum 28 Reviews

Apologies for the (yelling and screaming) but along with broken fire alarms, bed bugs is a danger.

I noted that I am reserved in SF in ten days - not at that property but at one in the City.

If I was to stay at the airport I would have been really upset if I stayed at a property and had a safety issue that was known by others on this site in advance.

I hope you understand my methods and desire to make this site useful to the community.

Pleasant (trouble free travels)

M

I agree, misterchk .

Bed bugs is a safety and health issue.

For some reason, I couldn't copy and paste the site I found on bed bugs, but look it up under bed bugs US EPA.

KatieC Member

I will ask about the luggage racks as well, californian.

702rugbyref Platinum

I have gotten use to using the coffee table for my luggage and occasionally the desk. Although I have had no issues with bed bugs, I don't want to encourage them taking up residence in my bags!

Platinum 28 Reviews

WHY IS THE NAME OF THE PROPERTY BEING WITHHELD ?  IS THIS A NATIONAL SECURITY ISSUE?

I spend fifty to one hundred nights in Marriott properties a year!  I have (as all of us do) the right to know in advance of booking if there is a problem with a property.

This is an obligation of the original poster as well as the Marriott corporation.  I cannot believe there is not more interest from the community about this issue of transparency.

Seriously, the integrity of this site is in question if the information is not made available.

702rugbyref Platinum

We want details!

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

yosof, so sorry to hear about your experience. Glad my team KatieC and lindseyh were here to help you. Please know that we take these types of issues very seriously.

misterchk and others asking: please know that we will never try to hide or censor any information from you. We strive to be as transparent as possible. While we can't confirm that this issue is bed bug related, the property in question is the San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport.

Platinum 28 Reviews

Thank you for the information.

Those having access to Marriott's reservation system will confirm in a few days I am booked in San Francisco.  Luckily in the city not at the airport.

This is why I suggest that this information should not be withheld.

Thanks again,

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Well I had a look at yosof's thread and he mentioned both the establishments as the San Mateo Marriott and the (now closed) RC Phoenix. He mentioned the names quite openly following your post indicating he had an obligation to do so.

The only censorship I've noticed on this site was when I suggested an individual was a foaming-at-the-mouth-loony, that got me a telling off and the removal of the words, but not my reasoning, and another occasion when I used the word "arse" and the word came out as ****

SO, no, I see no brand-censorship here!

702rugbyref Platinum

I missed the San Mateo notification. Cheers.

Thank you, communitymanager.

Any hotel that's worth a grain of salt is more concerned about the guests than the reputation of a hotel in need of repair.  I was considering dropping Marriott from my list of hotels at all with that type of hidden agenda for the customers.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi all,

Our team assured us that Marriott has very strict standards of cleanliness for all of its hotels, which either meet or exceed public health department regulations, including pest control. Routine inspections are conducted in guest rooms, and associates undergo training so that they can identify signs of possible pest presence. When there is a concern, the appropriate steps are taken immediately to remediate whatever problem they find. This includes, among other steps, removing the room from inventory and engaging a pest elimination expert.

Platinum 28 Reviews

I wasn't aware that this site as well as it's postings seem to be subject to censorship.

This is evidenced by the refusal of allowing the community to know the name of the property.

Which leads to the a question as to the purpose of this site.  A question which will be posted in a new discussion.

Agreed, misterchk .

Shame on ANYONE who would try to hide such pertinent information!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...