Currently Being Moderated

Confused...

Status levels:

Silver

Gold

Platinum

Platinum Premiere (PP)

Lifetime Platinum (LP)

RIGHT? What is/are the criteria for the PP and LP?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: What EXACTLY is Platinum Premiere?
    Jsucool76 Gold

Lifetime platinum is yours forever AFTER you hit 750 nights and 2 million points

Platinum Premier has unknown requirements, but is marriott's top tier (publicly available) elite status.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi 702rugbyref, great question! This is a topic that many Insiders are interested in, and I've included a thread to another post with this topic below. Platinum Premier is the top 3% of Elite Platinum members. I recently reached out to our team to see if I could get any insight into how one can reach this status, but they informed me that that information is not shared.

Platinum Premier gets a real benefit...

702rugbyref Platinum

Thank you! It would be good/nice to know what the top 3% means...ie 140nts/year for 3 years as an example? Does it change annually? How would a person know if he/she was close to obtaining or far away? I know you don't know but hopefully with some of your prodding, we can get an idea as to a value ...maybe it is based on $$$$ spent as an example.

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

There are several factors that determine PP status. Number of nights, number of spend $, and years of having PP-equivalent status, and finally being in the top 3%.

A poll taken mostly confirms that you do not earn PP status in the first year of making the minimums: most agree it is in the 3rd year of meeting qualifications: Platinum Premier Status - How Long Did You Qualify?

See my other post: Reaching Platinum Premier - Official Word

stephenzheng Platinum

pingreeman:

What you stated are exactly correct. At the time of PP evaluation in every Jan, the member needs to be platinum for a solid and continuous three years period.

Using me as an example. I had more than enough nights and dollars spent in 2012, 2013 and 2014, but I did not make PP in Jan 2015 as I had only been platinum since late 2012 missing the solid three years period requirement. I made PP today for 2016.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...