0 Replies Latest reply: Aug 7, 2015 10:04 PM by the_truth RSS

Renaissance Barcelona

the_truth Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We stayed at this property this past May. It was three blocks from our conference and we thought it would be better to stay with the Marriott brand rather than a very high-end local hotel given the benefits of Platinum Elite. Didn't quite work out that way but let's make lemonade from lemons, right? It was less expensive but there was no character of being a Marriott hotel.

First, no Executive Lounge. I don't understand how a hotel with this many rooms and in the center of a major city can not have a lounge. They provided us with a breakfast buffet in the restaurant instead. We did receive a bottle of wine in our room upon our arrival. No evening cocktails or anything as you would have in a Lounge. The restaurant is decent and you'll be greeted by Ayesha when you get there. Recommend the eggs benedict without the bacon- they make to order but it can take a little bit of time. Lots of fruit, bread, cheeses and meats in the buffet. it's busy and if you don't mark your spot it is likely to be given away while you're at the buffet.

The location is really good. it is away from Ramblas and all that nonsense with mobs of tourists and a little into the neighborhoods closer to the Gaudi buildings. Subway and buses a block away. Very safe to walk in the area even late at night. The hotel is boring otherwise. There is a guest only terrace on the 9th floor with a bar which was never used while we were there. It was still a bit chilly in the evenings.

The Spanish standard of cleaning hotel bathrooms is not the same as we have grown accustomed to elsewhere. I didn't understand this and that led to some disappointments for me. Now I know. Also, the shower has incredible pressure. Loved it! The room we were "upgraded" to was of decent size and had a kingsize bed and a small sitting area by the window.

There is a grocery store across the street from the hotel where you can get most things you would want. There isn't a mini bar in the room but there is a fridge so you can stock it from the store.

This is an average hotel. Renaissance hotels in the USA are definitely more full-service than this property. I woulndn't not stay here but I think I would try something else when we visit Barcelona again.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Barcelona Hotel

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...