5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 21, 2010 3:51 PM by kerrfam RSS

Marriott Kauai Resort & Beach Club

sizzle Member
Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

My wife will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary in Spring 2010.  We want to go to Hawaii, using our Marriott Rewards Points.  I was open to utilizing a villa exchange, but I definitely feel like Interval Exchange is not of the quality as a Marriott AND you have to be extremely flexible in dates, etc.  We have enough points for Airfare and a 7 night stay which is wonderful.  My question:  we are planning on staying at the KBC....we have read reviews and they range, from "the best vacation ever" to "don't stay here under any circumstance"....personally it makes me nervous.  Does anyone have any thoughts on this property?

We have a studio reserved at the Ko'Olina, however, we are steering away from it because of all of the construction going on with the Disney resort. We want the Hawaii feel, "tropical Paradise" kind of vacation.....so we don't want to see construction, etc.  Please advise as to your thoughts.  Thank you!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Kauai Resort & Beach Club
    retired Platinum

Sizzle

Just got back from a week at both KBC and Ko Olina. The construction concerns they are talking about at Ko Olina is about a half mile away. You shouldn't see it except when you drive into the resort. The construction at KBC should be finished in a few months (two or three) and shouldn't be a problem.

We really enjoyed our stay at both locations. We are heading back to KBC in January if that tells you how concerned we are about it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

countryjim Platinum 1 Reviews

Just returned from KBC where we are owners and had a great stay last week.

Some of the comments you may have seen here and on tripadvisor.com were from folks who stayed earlier this year during the major refurbishing and remodeling at KBC (which - BTW - was fully disclosed on the Marriott/KBC website for many months prior.  Amazing how some folks don't do their homework and then complain that "nobody told me" :-).

The renovation is complete except for the almost finished remodels of Kalapaki Grill and Aupaka Terrace (pool deck bar), and the resort repainting project which is underway as we speak, but which does not affect any of the resort services and amenities.

melroseman Platinum

This is a beautiful property...all of the room renovations and resort renovations should be done by the time you go.  I've read the same reviews and can't understand the negative ones.  Duke's is a great place to eat if you never want to leave the resort.  There are no full kitchens in even the 2 bedrooms, but I don't go on vacati0n to cook dinners...

Go for KBC and you won't be disappointed.

laidbackdad Silver

This is our favorite resort.  We've stayed in the hotel as well as the beach club.  Our last stay was during the renovations of rooms and the reconstruction of the pool area in August/Sept.  It was no big deal.  We had a great time.  Incidently, we used points from the old schedule and ff miles from New York.

The manager there is GREAT!!

kerrfam Gold 3 Reviews

We have been to Kauai Beach Club three times and are heading back for our fourth visit in March.  We think it's great and have stayed in both the hotel part and the vacation villas.  Both are fine.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...