4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 5, 2016 12:05 PM by chobbits RSS

Rennaissance Fira Barcelona

the_truth Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We stayed at the hotel out by the Ikea and closer to the airport. Still expensive cab ride since it is metered and not flat-rate like it is from the city center hotels. I forget the location but it is not central at all. We were only there for one night and the hotel staff were nice enough. There isn't an Executive Lounge here which really is annoying. You would think they would build one because the opportunity to create one there is tremendous.

Did I tell you about the views from the swimming pool? The pool is on the roof of the hotel and it must be like 20 floors up. Pretty darn cool and there is a bar up there too.

Has anyone else stayed there? What is there to do around there? We ended up walking much of the way back to town to explore neighborhoods we already knew because locally the staff couldn't recommend too much.

The ultra modern look may be too much for some but I enjoyed the experience. Leaving the hotel at 4 in the morning is a bit spooky since the the doors of the rooms open to the outside corridor!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Barcelona Fira Hotel
  • Re: Rennaissance Fira Barcelona
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Thanks for sharing this experience with the community, @the_truth. I'm interested to hear what other Insiders have experiences with this property.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

the_truth Platinum 1 Reviews

I have a great panoramic photo which I took from the roof top pool but not sure I can reduce it to 2 meg. I'll try. Cool view, cool looking hotel and really different to walk from the elevator to your room "outside" on every floor.

yalebulldog99 Platinum

I've stayed there. It was not a bad place, but I would not stay there again. The Platinum upgrade was underwhelming and we actually downgraded and the room was much better than the so-called Jr. Suite. Seems leanly staffed, but the staff are kind. The restaurant was good and breakfast was nice. Everything was reasonably priced. The problem is that it's not really close to anything as it's in a business district. It's near public transportation, but the cab fares did add up. The pool area is great with a wonderful view, but the pool itself closes quite early. If you are afraid of heights, the elevators will freak you out and the doors and walls are covered in this jungle-like print that camouflages the doors to the rooms. They windows are sort of cool in that they are oddly shaped, but they made some mistakes in decorating the place. Everything is white and the wear and tear and dirt shows. At this point, everything is off-white or gray. Finally, some shortcuts were taken with construction and we played a game of don't flood the room with the shower because it didn't have a lip. The shower also had a see through wall that isn't frosted and that does not have a curtain. Kind of odd. Overall, good price. Decent hotel. Not an ideal location. I hope this helps.

chobbits Platinum

Ive stayed here a few times. Its a very unique hotel, I would say with pro's and con's. The rooms are contemporary white as other have said - its like being in Logans run or something. Waking up with a curtain around the bed is kind of weird ! The pool at the top is amazing, and the views are great. Breakfast is very good too. However on balance id choose another Marriott in BCN.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...