9 Replies Latest reply: Sep 28, 2015 5:10 PM by txman RSS

Is hot water standard for guests?

the_truth Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

For two weeks this property has been unable to provide hot water consistently to guests. No warnings or signs at the front desk advising people of this. They weren't even telling guests as they check in.

Last week when we were there we were told they were working on it. Some part was coming in on Monday. We forgot about it and assumed it was being fixed. This week when we checked in we found out the hard way the problem is still there. Yesterday if you ran the water for 25 minutes (Leed rating building awesomeness) you could get some luke warm water. "We're trying to get this done" they told us. Unfortunately, "trying" to me is a highschool term where you still got some credit. After highschool I was taught you got paid for results. This hotel is still "trying" after two weeks to get hot water in their new plumbing to work.

Horrible workmanship. Horrible way to handle it. They told me last week when asked why they didn't tell guests about the issue: "We don't want to alarm them." It was pretty alarming when I tried to take a shower at 6 am though! They did give us another room to shower and we left it at they would fix it on Monday before we returned this week. Shame on me for not checking before returning, right?

In process to change our future reservations to non-Marriot properties in the area. All of them in Frederick are owned by the same company.

We understand things break. It is a fact of life. It is the superior companies who manage the messaging to do the best they can. Sharon and team have done a **** poor job of handling this. They should consider changing their plumbing company, also.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Frederick, Maryland, USA TownePlace Suites By Marriott TownePlace Suites Frederick
  • Re: Is hot water standard for guests?
    702rugbyref Platinum

No beuno! I have rarely had hot water issues but for a location to have repetitive issues makes you wonder how they can even be open. I would think an entire comped stay would be in order and other compensation.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

No bueno, indeed! Sorry you had to experience this, @the_truth. I'm passing this on to our team now and will make sure this makes it back to the property.

The management team at the hotel is giving the Marriott brand a pretty strong beating! Their apathy is impressive. I would suggest some extensive training on the Marriott Way. Start with level 100- it's all new to them.

This has been going on for 10 days now. Each day we've heard a new part was coming in but progressively access to warm water has diminished. My wife had to take a cold shower today after working a night shift and then working out in the gym. She is over it and the management.

It is nice there are two Hilton properties in walking distance and a third one opening in the coming months. This Marriott franchisee has done a bang up job tarnishing the Marriott brand of quality and customer service. No customer should ever have to go through this.

ndn Platinum

That's quite bad. My wife and I actually stayed at the Courtyard in Frederick after we got married and before flying to Europe for our honeymoon. I usually hate Courtyard hotels, but this one actually had in-room jacuzzis available!

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

It seems to me that this property should be closed until the problem is solved.

At the very least. I would expect that every guest should be warned in advance and assisted in  finding an alternate comparable hotel in the area at no greater cost than their CY reservation.  Any added cost should be born by the CY and not by the traveler.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

a couple of times i have had warm water when everyone in hotel must be taking showers but certainly never like what you had to endure

The thread should be posted in the Town Place Suites section as it is the Towne Place Suites in Frederick, Md which these comments pertain to.

After a week and a half that this has affected us, the hot water has stayed on for a day!

Yay for us? The score is still Marriott 1 and Customer 0.

The consolation prize for the rude handling of the situation, cold showers and lack of delivering their side of the contract was 5k Reward apoints. Told them to keep the points- they need them more than I do if they think they can just buy business for pennies on the dollar. The offer was actually more of an insult than anything else but this is from a management team which thinks after they open their mouths. I hope they really want to take their words back but that is me being foolish thinking the glass is half full when it is clearly less than half and the water is evaporating quickly.

Sorry for Marriott name being trashed- these guys totally tarnish it. This ineptitude goes into the management company's executive ranks, by the way and is not just in the property. PM me for copies of the email to prove it. I hope the Marriott Corporate franchise manager gives these guys free training on the Marriott way soon so things improve. The government contracts are nice but even they won't stand long for this kind of manhandling of their officers in training.

txman Gold

Utterly ridiculous, there is no excuse that could justify this problem. As someone previously mentioned, I have stayed a place a time or two where everybody and their dogs are showering at the same time and not have the hot water I would normally like, but for that amount of time......means I would never stay there again, and the yes this does give the Marriott brand a bad name...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...