5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2015 5:55 PM by 7 RSS

Big time in the Big Apple

7 Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I've been spending the last several days in NYC with my wife celebrating our 10 year anniversary a month in advance. It's probably been one of the best trips I've ever had. If seems like if you have lots of free time and money then NYC is a great place to live. Sadly, I can only afford to visit for a week.

But, in that week we got to see Book of Mormon & Penn & Teller. We visited the Metropolitan Museum of Art and are planning to try and see MOMA before we leave in the morning. And, of course, there is so much really good food. In the month before we came to the US I had lost 20lbs. I'm pretty positive that I have gained at least all of that back. But, at least I had fun doing it and I can resume my diet once we get to our new home in a few weeks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York-Manhattan, New York, USA
  • Re: Big time in the Big Apple
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Congrats on your anniversary and yes, NYC is fabulous as well as the food.  Maybe you walked enough to keep some of the lost weight off!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

702rugbyref Platinum

Ahhh NYC is not good for diets but you do/can walk much more with so much to see.

joshm Member

This is AWESOME!

Congratulations on your anniversary, 7.

I've heard, and read, a great deal about NYC. I have yet to leave my home in the NorthWest to pay a visit to the Big Apple, but I need to soon! What has your favorite food been? It's an important question, because the food would be a large part of the reason I'd like to experience NYC!

You taking any pictures?? I'm sure the community would love to see some shots from your trip.

7 Platinum 1 Reviews

It's hard to pick a favorite joshm as there is so much variety. I also had a long list of places/things that I must try, but then ended up not doing most of them.

Every place I tried was quite good, so I ended up giving up on my list and just finding random places nearby. A few of the highlights were Korean BBQ in KoreaTown, Cheesecake from Junior's, pizza from random brick-oven pizza place near my hotel, and the gyro & chicken over rice I got from "The Halal Guys" stand on the way back to the hotel late last night.

I was a little disappointed by the hot dogs at Gray's Papaya. I think it was just over-hyped. I thought the ones I got off a random cart near the park were better.

I did take pics, but I'll have to get them all transferred over to my computer first.

doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews

Love Nyc I'm over playing music there 3-5 times a year and always ind something different to do also I know what you mean about the food the waistline is alway larger after a trip roll on October

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...