8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 4, 2015 6:55 PM by kharada46 RSS

HAWAII HEADS UP!! Tropical Storm/Hurricane

702rugbyref Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Batten down the hatches especially the folks on the Big Island. Very good chance you will be getting a storm your way on Tuesday/Wednesday time frame...be prepared - head to Costco now and get your food/water and gas.

Surfers- wax the boards!

BTW..almost exactly a year ago you were brushed by a storm....hmmmm.....

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
Waikoloa, Hawaii, USA
Oahu, Hawaii, USA
Wailea, Hawaii, USA
Hilo, Hawaii, USA
Kailua Kona, Hawaii, USA
  • Re: HAWAII HEADS UP!! Tropical Storm/Hurricane
    kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

More likely than not, it'll be a non-event.  But, either way, I'm ready to hunker down with couple cases of water, a case of Spam and 50lbs of rice   Oh and a gas stove. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

30marine Gold 1 Reviews

702rugbyref:

Thank you for the information and update

702rugbyref Platinum

The Weather Channel is predicting 5-8" rain in Hilo region and less elsewhere. Best wishes and I know Hilo handles worse!

702rugbyref Platinum

Good news this morning as they are reducing the amount of rain predicted and maybe moving slightly north of the Chain with westerly wind-shear.

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

News is now showing the system passing farther north as a tropical storm as it weekends.  Still potential for impact on the islands... Maui & Big Island are under a storm watch. 

Gotta say, I'm a little disappointed.  I didn't want a hurricane, but a mild tropical storm would have been nice... Been longing for some thunder and lighting with some real rain!

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

If lightning and rain is what you are looking for, come to the East Coast! (I will gladly switch locations with you, and I am sure my wife would too )

702rugbyref Platinum

Living here in Vegas, any threat of a raindrop puts everyone to the window - I call it the Garfield effect as it is news in these parts.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...