19 Replies Latest reply: Aug 13, 2015 1:33 PM by 702rugbyref RSS

No Mega bonus?

hendy1000 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

My memory is fading as I get older, but isn't there typically 2 mega bonus promotions per year? I have not see one yet this year and it is the end of July. Did I miss something? Any news on when we will see the next one?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: No Mega bonus?
    flynhokie Platinum

I thought there were more than 2 per year (spring, summer & fall I recall).

The summer one never happened.  Appeared to me that instead, they offered the chance for you to upgrade status by staying a certain # of nights in a certain time.  (i.e. stay 17 nights in 3 months, get upgraded to platinum)....did me no good, as I was already platinum..

Was hoping for a fall promotion, which they should start advertising soon, but haven't seen anything.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

702rugbyref Platinum

This is my first year with MR. I know there has been many discussions within various groups about this and the lack of promotions. There is always hope!

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

There are normally 2 Mega Bonus promotions. The first usually runs February 1 to April 30. That one has come and gone for 2015. There is also one is the fall. It normally begins September 15 and runs to January 15. We should be seeing something about it soon.

Over the past 5 or 6 years, there has been an additional promotion during the summer. It wasn't called a Mega Bonus, but it it acted essentially the same as one. Most years it run June 1 to August 31, though one year (2013, I think) it ran May 15 to September 2.

We on Insiders had gotten so used to seeing a summer promo, that when it didn't happen this year, we were surprised , and disappointed , (and in a few cases, angry ).

With August just around the corner, I would expect to see news of the fall Mega Bonus in the next couple weeks. Let's hope it's a good one.

702rugbyref Platinum

We all hope for a fall mega-bonus!

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

yes we should hear very soon

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

If Marriott decided not to take that away as well haha. I hope not

joshm Member

hendy1000,

There was a spring MegaBonus, but not a Summer MegaBonus.

I'm looking into more information around a Fall MegaBonus, and will update you, as well as the rest of the community, with what I find out!

702rugbyref Platinum

Use the force Josh! Make it so!

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

I just spoke with a Marriott Rewards rep who mentioned in passing that the Fall Mega Bonus will be introduced soon.  I'm happy to know that the Mega Bonus promotions haven't been done away with entirely, though if it is anything like the Spring Mega Bonus, it will be more like a Mini Bonus for me (if no more free nights certs. and with the previously rapid category increases anyway).    Better than a sharp stick in the eye.  If Marriott were offering the moon on a silver platter, it would no doubt mean that my stock accounts would be in sharp decline, so at the end of the day, "it all pays the same."

good to know that it is coming soon

702rugbyref Platinum

can't wait

jlc Platinum

Got E-mail today saying to sign up for Fall Mega Bonus, but I couldn't find out how to sign up and could find no info about what the deal is.  Anybody have better luck?

jl3549 Platinum

Nothing for me yet - was hoping for some information on Fall Promo soon though....hopefully this one will start on September 1 (or sooner) since there was no promo in the summer instead of the normal 9/15 start date.

flynhokie Platinum

I just called Marriott rewards. They stated registration for rewards fall promotion starts on the 19th. Won't. Wouldn't give me details on what the rewards promotions are though.

702rugbyref Platinum

Thank you for the information.

702rugbyref Platinum

I have not received any fall promo yet.

Great  look forward to the details. I always get the 20-25 night stay which i never can achieve but usually can get them to put me on a more achievable plan

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

I read a blog yesterday that it will be September 15 thru January 15th with registration on August 19th.  The assumption was that it would be similar to last year's Fall MegaBonus and with targeted levels based upon member's activity (pretty much what we have come to expect!!).

702rugbyref Platinum

Do you have the link to the blog as  I would like to read...I cannot wait for 6 more days with anxiety it will kill me :-)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...