23 Replies Latest reply: Aug 26, 2015 10:42 AM by eb5147 RSS

Close up of Marjorie Glacier

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Marjorie Glacier.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Glacier Bay, AK
  • Re: Close up of Marjorie Glacier
    joshm Member

Wow.

Your pictures are so good! Do you think it would be okay for us to recommend one of your pictures for a MR social media post? We'd give you a shout out of course.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

I would be happy to share a picture for a social media post.  I will try to post a few more.

GB1.jpg

GB2.jpg

GB3.jpg

GB4.jpg

The 4 pictures I posted above are all taken in Glacier Bay.  I have been unable to post them in a single post.  They superimpose on the previous picture.  Each time I get an error message that tells me to "Try again later", but they have actually posted.

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

They are all so beautiful!!!

Is that a waterfall in the 2nd and 3rd ones you posted?  Were there lots of waterfalls?  I'd never thought about that around a glacier, but there would have to be. 

What month were you there and is that the time you'd recommend?

I was glad to see you posted the right abbreviation for AK, but I guess you probably get pretty tired of seeing people use that for AR instead. 

There are waterfalls in Alaska, but not in these pictures. We were in Alaska/Canada in early June.  Our first trip to Alaska/Canada was in late June.  We were pleased with the timing of both trips.

razorbackfan

Thank you for the answers.  Good to know the time especially, but also at what I wasn't really seeing. 

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

super!!!

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

I love these pictures, razorbackfan!!

Alaska is close to the top on my bucket list, do you have any recommendations on what else to do in the area??

Yukon.jpg

I just posted 4 pictures and a narrative.  When I hit comment, only the last picture I posted showed up.  I don't know why I am having so much trouble posting more than 1 picture.  Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong?

The picture above shows some of the beautiful scenery we saw on a trip from Skagway, AK into the Yukon.

Cara, there are lots of adventures in Alaska.  The pictures above were taken from our ship on a northbound cruise from Vancouver, BC to Seward, AK.  The cruise line offers many excursions on port days, but we chose to make our own arrangements.  On our day in Skagway, we took a tour into the Yukon.  Our driver was a young teacher who had recently completed HER first Iditarod.  This trip exceeded our expectations.  We had discussed renting a car, but I am so glad we didn't because my husband was able to enjoy the trip so much more since he did not have to drive.  (As I mentioned, I am having problems posting more than 1 picture at a time, so I may have to post them separately.

bear.jpg

carcross desert.jpg

Emerald Lake.jpg

For some reason, my captions disappear when I post the pictures. The above pictures are

• a young cinnamon colored black bear feasting on dandelions.
              • Carcross Desert
              • Emerald Lake

I love the greenish teal color around the banks with the other colors merging in.  Beautiful!!!

I'd never thought of a desert in AK.  Outstanding!!!

brooklynlobster Silver

Omg.  Breathtaking

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

I second that, brooklynlobster!!

Thanks for sharing razorbackfan!! These pictures and your insights have made me want to get to Alaska ASAP!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...