1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 28, 2015 10:12 AM by joshm RSS

Exceptional customer service

salaamaccount Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

I'm new to this forum so if this question has already been answered, please point me in the right direction.

I'm nearing the end of an extended stay (approx. 30 days) at a Fairfield Inn and although the entire staff treats me well, one employee in particular has gone over and beyond on at least two occasions. The first time, she guaranteed me a room when I couldn't book one online. The second time, the employee helped my wife (who isn't here with me) surprise me with dinner for our anniversary.

My wife and I really appreciate all the effort this employee has made. We'd like to know the best way to praise her in a way that might go beyond her immediate supervisor or manager. Should we write a letter to the general manager of the hotel? To corporate? Is their anything else we can do? This young lady has helped make us Marriot customers for life - the least we can do is tell her higher ups about the exceptional job she's been doing.

Thanks for anyone's suggestions.

- Salaam

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Exceptional customer service
    joshm Member
    Currently Being Moderated

Hello salaamaccount, and welcome to Insiders!

Among the actions you've described that would be great for the individual you refer to. Nominating her for our Spirit to Serve would bring her some well-deserved recognition beyond a note or letter. Just click the link to begin!

Additionally, it's awesome to have you here in the forum. I am one of the community moderators for the page and would like to welcome you to the site. It's a great place to share experiences, recommendations, news, and photos with a network of road warriors and frequent travelers. You may have already seen some of this content, and we encourage you to explore the site!

If you have any issues or concerns you would like help with, please don't hesitate to reach out to me (joshm), lindseyh, or carat. We are here to help!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...