4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 1, 2016 3:11 PM by 702rugbyref RSS

How to praise an exceptional front-desk clerk?

salaamaccount Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

I'm new to this forum so if this question has already been answered, please point me in the right direction.

I'm nearing the end of an extended stay (approx. 30 days) at a Fairfield Inn and although the entire staff treats me well, one employee in particular has gone over and beyond on at least two occasions. The first time, she guaranteed me a room when I couldn't book one online. The second time, the employee helped my wife (who isn't here with me) surprise me with dinner for our anniversary.

My wife and I really appreciate all the effort this employee has made. We'd like to know the best way to praise her in a way that might go beyond her immediate supervisor or manager. Should we write a letter to the general manager of the hotel? To corporate? Is their anything else we can do? This young lady has helped make us Marriot customers for life - the least we can do is tell her higher ups about the exceptional job she's been doing.

Thanks for anyone's suggestions.

- Salaam

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Bremerton, Washington, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites Seattle Bremerton
  • Re: How to praise an exceptional front-desk clerk?
    joshm Member

Hey salaamaccount,

I responded in you other thread of the same topic with this link:

Spirit to Serve

This should provide you an opportunity to get her some recognition for her efforts.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tustin Member

I have had a great experience with the General Manager of a property. I have read your suggestion to salaamaccount for a similar question on recognizing a front desk clerk; but, is your suggestion the same for recognizing a GM?

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

You can certainly nominate the Associate for the "Spirit to Serve Award" as a start with laurac taking the lead on doing that, so you may want to send her a direct message.

Next, call the hotel and ask in a very subtle way how to reach the GM's Supervisor or Managing Partner of the property. Also, I will give shout out to the Moderator Team here on Insiders (carat ,lindseyh, AndrewT, deannad and KatieC) so maybe they can give you a more direct route to take,

702rugbyref Platinum

I have great service regularly at a CY in Costa mesa on stay at. I advise the management staff directly.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...