2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 28, 2015 11:55 AM by doddsy69 RSS

Shouldn't be Marriott if they don't participate.

munk318 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am confused as to why and how hotels are a part of Marriott if they don't participate in Marriott Rewards?  As a loyal Marriott Platinum member, all of my stays are based around 1) Is it a Marriott brand 2)Points 3)Stays toward my annual amount.  I recently stays in Vail Colorado at Douglas Streamside, which is part of Vacation Club.  I hadn't received my credit for the stay and when I called was told they do not participate in Marriott Rewards.  The rewards program is a large part of what keeps me as a loyal customer.  Marriott, if you are going to have hotels that do not participate in the rewards program, you should make this transparent when booking the room.  It took the Rewards Customer Representative about 3 minutes to finally find something in the marriott rewards fine print stating some hotels may not participate.  After over 1200 stays, this would be a first and one of the first times one of my very few complaints will not get resolved.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Shouldn't be Marriott if they don't participate.
    30marine Gold 1 Reviews

munk318:

I agree with you Marriott should be more transparent. If a property is not participating in the Marriott awards program;
    Marriott should not be in their Name.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Shouldn't be Marriott if they don't participate.
    doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews

unreal that they trade under the Marriott brand yet don't follow the program like the above comment the shouldn't use the Marriott brand name and shouldnt be on the website booking page

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...