2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 30, 2009 11:30 AM by anadyr RSS

Key Bridge Marathon Marriott

rustym568 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

My husband and I stayed with my daughter at the Key Bridge Marriott this past weekend so that she and he could run the marathon.  My daughter booked, through her team in training, the Sat. night before the race.  When we arrived on Sat., we asked the Marriott if we could stay an extra 5 hours on Sunday before checking out.  We were told to speak to the manager b/c the sheet detailing the rules for the weekend said we would have to book and pay for another night.   All we really needed, however, before returning to PA was a shower.   When we spoke to the manager, he graciously offered the showers in the fitness center for my family to use when they finished the race.  He was most accomodating.  I told my husband, "That's why I love, and use only the Marriott chain."   We were not charged for Sunday but were able to keep our car in the garage and my husband and daughter took showers.  Thank you for a great weekend! What an awesome experience!

• Re: Key Bridge Marathon Marriott
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

glad to hear it worked out for you.  And congratulations to husband and daughter on the run.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Key Bridge Marathon Marriott
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Long ago (1970 in fact) most of our wedding party stayed at the Key Bridge Marriott hotel, which was a low rise at that time.  While they complained about the high rates (35 a night) they enjoyed the fantastic views and the wonderful hotel itself. 

I find that these older Marriott properties, while constantly being upgraded, are exemplars of the greatness that comes with the Marriott name. 

Mr. Marriott senior was of course a businessman who started in Washington DC. Twin Bridges was his first foray into lodging, and this was another of the early Marriotts.

But it is the associates that make Marriott great -- your post focuses on that spirit to serve, and thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...